yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabin/Interior lights, radio, and arial, fuse/short problem. Can't find cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin/Interior lights, radio, and arial, fuse/short problem. Can't find cause?

Cabin/Interior lights, radio, and arial, fuse/short problem. Can't find cause?

Dear All,

Help needed!

I recently got my very great Hilux Surf 1992, LN130, import from Japan.

I noticed that the back cabin/interior light didn't come on. Even though I replaced the bulb a week ago.

I looked at the bulb and this time it was still OK. Next thing I used a indicator bulb some tape and wires to check if there was any power on the leads.

I hear a short, and suddenly all interior lights go out, the radio stopped, and the arial/antenna stayed up and won't come down.... Also the lights in the doors are out.

All other electrics work...

I checked the fuse box and found all intact.

Is there another fuse somewhere hidden away for this group????

In the worst case scenario the wiring is fried somewhere. Did anyone follow the wiring and could you make a few drawings to explain where the wiring goes, is located...?

Another question!
    At the airconditioning control panel a face place of a button is missing. I have no idea what it is for. It is the button to the right of the fan control OFF...LO....HI and left of the clock, and underneath the external air intake button. I have a picture of this which I can send.

Anyone know which button this is?
    And if you have a spare face plate for this button, please e-mail me.

Thanks,

Kris
    http://www.familyveen.com/the_cars_we_drive.htm

have you checked both fuse boxes? there's a fuse labelled dome in one of them, it sounds like it's everything on that fuse you've lost. Can't remember which fuse box it's in though, there's one on the drivers side of engine bay in front of brake master cylinder, and one in the kick panel that would be by your right foot as you were driving.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

p.s. sounds like it's the aircon on/off button that's missing too, but i got the earlier style controls so can't say for sure
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Nero is right, Its the Air conditioning on/off button missing.

I will have a spare sometime in the near future as im replacing my heater buttons. BUT the problem is, With buttons missing it would be worth pi$$ all in any form of resale value, So im afraid from my point of view the cost of the button would outweigh the actual value of the button! Thus making me stupidly expensive

There is one currently on Ebay but again its £15 with £8.50 uk postage already....

Comment

hello mate, have you checked to see if the mirrors work? i had the same on mine and it turned out to be the control panel on the drivers door, the multi plug was not connected fully. the fuse on mine was number 10, just under to the right of the steering wheel.

Merry christmas
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Thanks! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Thanks for all of your quick replies.

Of course we would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2008!!!

I have uploaded some photos on:

I will let you know if I can find the fuse today.

Kris

Comment

One thing fixed, but now battery drains?

Hi,

Thanks, that helped. It was indeed a fuse under the hood, in the engine compartment, on the drivers side.

This issue is solved....

However, lucky me... After working and trying to fix up things something is draining my new batteries. I am wondering if this issue is connected by the strange fuse burnout I described earlier?

I've got new batteries, charger is working.... No lights, no sounds,... what could it be? I replaced the radio, added some led lights,... Nothing major.

There was no fuse in the DEFOG (fuse box next to the pedals), put one in... took it out for now as maybe this is eating my batteries?

How can I locate what is draining my energy?

Also, I have two batteries that according to the Hayes manual seems to be connected parralel. Why does this rig need two batteries? Do you know what each of them is for?

And, for a face plate button that fits in a small envelope, and I do not really need to have it work, I am willing to spend a few pounds/euros. But no more than a few...

Thanks guys,.... and girls...

Kris

Comment

abin/Interior lights, radio, and arial, fuse/short problem. Can't find cause?

Hi Kris,
                just away from the subject, was wondering how you cope with the road tax over there. Would l be right in saying you must be paying €1000-€1500 a year? They really are jumping on the green issue's over there. Like it's gonna make much difference, not with the taxpayers merc's they got for running around in.
                Oh dear, better get off, I'm really starting to get going!!!!!!!!!
                www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X