battery overcharged and its dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery overcharged and its dead

Another problem in my long line of problems reacently.

A new alternator fitted a week ago seemed to be fine until last night when my battery overheated and died.
    I put a difernt but flat battery in and tried to jump start it, then engine turned over but never quite fired but the window wipers come on really really fast and theres was a load of clicking sounds like the relays or solenoids going mad...

not lookin too good me thinks

stuck in germany on way home for x-mas noones working out here looks like a christmas alone in a hotel..

Worth getting hold of a charged battery, and if you have two fitted, disconnect both and fit new one. Low volts can do weird things to electrics as well as high. Easy to try, and might get you home.

Be worth checking the volts with the engine running to make sure its not significantly more than 14.4v
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

ITS NOT LOOKING GOOD:

I got a new battery and put that in, the elctrics are still going mental. the engine doesnt start, the glow plugs light doesnt light up, the indicators make mad sounds and when i turn the key to start the engine it tries but never fires and there are strange clicking sounds from the dash

cant see me getting back for chtristmas now.............

Comment

Could you find another one and ask if you can do an ecu swap just to see if that sorts it then you can rule it out?
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
          Could you find another one and ask if you can do an ecu swap just to see if that sorts it then you can rule it out?
          ECU wont affect indicators / wipers etc. Gonna be something simpler like an earth problem. Try disconnecting the alternator / rectifier and starting it.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            ECU wont affect indicators / wipers etc. Gonna be something simpler like an earth problem. Try disconnecting the alternator / rectifier and starting it.
            Ahh, cool learn summit new everyday. Ignore me and listen to mister apache.
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              id def go along with that,bet he is sat there and all it needs is wire brush!

Comment

Working...
              X