Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauges stoped working help please

hi
    i was hooking up a new radio n my 93 hulix surf and 4 some reason the rev counter , speedo, temperature and fuel gauge stopped working and the overdrive light flashs please help. thanks

Originally posted by dathrilla
    hi
    i was hooking up a new radio n my 93 hulix surf and 4 some reason the rev counter , speedo, temperature and fuel gauge stopped working and the overdrive light flashs please help. thanks
    You could have blown a fuse, or have a coincidental speed sensor failure. Does it run/drive ok?
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

hi
      fuses are all good it still drives good its just that the gauges dont work. cheers

Comment

hi
        fuses are all good it still drives good its just that the gauges dont work. cheers
        Sometimes it can be the connector for the dials itself, itll involve takin dials out to look at back cos sometimes contacts get bad and need cleaned or replaced
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

already looked at that and they were fine. would it be the computer?

Comment

Do the sidelights work? have you checked both fuse boxes?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Do the sidelights work? have you checked both fuse boxes?
              That's what I was thinking, the old 2 fuse box trick... Sneaky little f*****s!
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

yip all the lights work and yes i have checkd both fuse boxes.

Comment

yip all the lights work and yes i have checkd both fuse boxes.

Strange.

The fuse for the gauges is a 10A one, in the fusebox by the gas pedal.
                  A flashing O/D light means there's a fault with the transmission.
                  Theres a diagnostics how-to here.....http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...odiagnosis.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Strange.

The fuse for the gauges is a 10A one, in the fusebox by the gas pedal.
                    A flashing O/D light means there's a fault with the transmission.
                    Theres a diagnostics how-to here.....http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...odiagnosis.pdf
                    And gauges not working shows up as a transmission fault...
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

from a 91 surf wiring digram ive got all 4 of them gauges earth through same earth that goes behind the left hand kick panel, all 4 get feed from the gauge 10amp fuse, and they are also linked through the ecu wire to the dash. was the radio a staright forward fit?

Comment

the radio was a straight foward until i hooked up the elecritic anntena . the dash made a clicking sound. then the gauges didnt go the next time i started it

Comment

Working...
                        X