3rd Gen tailgate courtesy light not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen tailgate courtesy light not working

The courtesy light for when the tailgate is open doesn't work on my 3rd Gen. It works fine if I switch it on manually but not automatically when the tailgate is opened.........it might work 1 in 50 times of opening the tailgate.

I have looked for a courtesy light switch & I cannot find one. Does anyone know if there is a switch or maybe it's built in with the latch???

Your help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Regards

Lewis

Lewis

hi again - I have had the same problem and couldn't find the switch anywhere near the tailgate. Aparently it's some kind of mercury switch fitted inside the tailgate.

Although this sounds bad news, it's not as the switch rarely gives problems. On mine the problem was the contact in the light unit itself. if you take if out of the roof and give all the contacts (including the ones used to earth it via the mounting screws) a good clean you should be good to go.

I would pop down for a look but it's a bit of a trek

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii
      Lewis

hi again - I have had the same problem and couldn't find the switch anywhere near the tailgate. Aparently it's some kind of mercury switch fitted inside the tailgate.

Although this sounds bad news, it's not as the switch rarely gives problems. On mine the problem was the contact in the light unit itself. if you take if out of the roof and give all the contacts (including the ones used to earth it via the mounting screws) a good clean you should be good to go.

I would pop down for a look but it's a bit of a trek

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
      Thanks hawaii,

As the lamp works by switching it on manually I just assumed that it would be the courtesy lamp switch at fault..........I will give your idea a try as it might be as straight forward as a clean up. Thanks for your advice.

Mercury switch

Comment

Tailgate interior light problem

I have 12v at the light bulb so I know there's power and earth at the bulb but my lights (all known good both LED and normal festoon) will not light. The LED has a faint flickering glow. Any ideas, amperage problem ???

Comment

Working...
        X