Electrical fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical fault

hi guys having an electrical problem with the new surf ive baught. the blue 100 amp fuse blew this morning dont know why, dont know how to get it out of fuse holder and could someone please help urgent ! Cheers keep on surfing

Originally posted by david moore
    hi guys having an electrical problem with the new surf ive baught. the blue 100 amp fuse blew this morning dont know why, dont know how to get it out of fuse holder and could someone please help urgent ! Cheers keep on surfing
    you may have to undo the fuse box and then unbolt the fuse from underneath
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by david moore
      I believe these fuses are screwed in at the bottom so try getting under it. More help will be on th way though
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I'm pretty sure to get it out you have to unbolt the fusebox from the inner wing and turn it over so you can unscrew the fuse from underneath.

It's gotta be a pretty big short to blow a 100amp fuse. I'm thinkin maybe it's the glowplug fuse and someones put the insulators back wrong then replaced the fuse with a 100 rather than an 80 to stop it blowing?
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Yep, the fuses bolt in from below. Disconnect both batteries, unbolt the fuse box, unclip the fuse box base, unclip and push the fuses through from the top. You need an 8mm and 10mm spanner or socket to remove it.

But before you do anything, find out why the h3ll a 100 amp fuse blew!
          Last edited by Albannach; 27 November 2007, 22:52.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
            I'm pretty sure to get it out you have to unbolt the fusebox from the inner wing and turn it over so you can unscrew the fuse from underneath.

It's gotta be a pretty big short to blow a 100amp fuse. I'm thinkin maybe it's the glowplug fuse and someones put the insulators back wrong then replaced the fuse with a 100 rather than an 80 to stop it blowing?
            I'll rewrite that!

The glow plug fuse is, iirc, the one nearest the cab. The one next to it is 100 amp, and is the alternator discharge fuse.

Yep, just went out in the cold and rain to check. 80A fuse is nearest the cab, 100A fuse is next to it.
            Last edited by Albannach; 27 November 2007, 22:53.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
            X