Dixie horns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixie horns.

Ok, who's got them? And where have they been mounted?

ive got them drivers side engine bay keeps them nice and dry

Comment

When u say drivers side, r they mouted to the inside of the wheel arch behind the battery or the front of the bulkhead?

Comment

More dixon of dot green than dixie but fits nicely in nearside engine bay.

This is where i had them on my 2nd gen.
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

I dont fancy having them between the a bar and bumper, to exposed. There is a battery where the other ones r, also, there r 5 horns with the set i have.

Comment

Fix them under the rear of the truck. I was gonna put them there but opted for engine bay cos they are so damn loud. Also my air tank is at the back so would have prob been easier than fitting at the front.

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
              Fix them under the rear of the truck. I was gonna put them there but opted for engine bay cos they are so damn loud. Also my air tank is at the back so would have prob been easier than fitting at the front.
              U mean where the spare would be. I did think of that. I think ill have to get them out the packeging and have a fiddle.
              Thanks guys!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798
                U mean where the spare would be. I did think of that. I think ill have to get them out the packeging and have a fiddle.
                Thanks guys!!!!!!!
                Yep:

Just look at all that wasted space!

Comment

yes in front of the bulkhead they are on a strip of metal with holes in to take horns easy for power right by the battery cable for switch through gromet in bulkhead hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GENERAL
                    yes in front of the bulkhead they are on a strip of metal with holes in to take horns easy for power right by the battery cable for switch through gromet in bulkhead hope this helps
                    Thats the only way i could see possible for engine bay mounting.
                    Thanks to u too... BIG GENERAL

Comment

Stick em on the roof
                      Attached Files
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

i have got mine left hand side of the engine bay behind the air filter i can show you on sunday at baldhu
                        cheers shaun
                        NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

thought dixie horns where illegal thought they could only go on the latest 1970's cars n before sure there was something bout horns like that years ago unless they have changed law since but two tone horns were ok?

Comment

I know wot ur saying Will. That was y i wanted to have it runing off its own seperate switch and keep the standard horn.

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798
                              I know wot ur saying Will. That was y i wanted to have it runing off its own seperate switch and keep the standard horn.
                              fair enough m8 lol

Comment

Working...
                              X