Sidelight or Indicators Flash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidelight or Indicators Flash?

I have just installed a remote locking system on my 1993 Auto 3lt Surf.
    It works fine, but there is a wire coming from the control unit to make the lights flash on lock/unlock, it puts out 12V.
    Does anybody know what wire I could tap into under the dash or steering wheel column that will flash the Sidelights or the Indicators?

Thanks

Originally posted by walkabout
    It works fine, but there is a wire coming from the control unit to make the lights flash on lock/unlock, it puts out 12V.
    Does anybody know what wire I could tap into under the dash or steering wheel column that will flash the Sidelights or the Indicators?

Thanks
    Tap it into your hazard light switch with a relay
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
      Tap it into your hazard light switch with a relay
      For some strange reason it's not as simple as that, i had one on my 2nd gen and tried for hours to get it to work with relays with no success at all. Don't ask why, i was left scratching my bonse for ages, gave up and got mullered instead. The proper alarm/ RCL systems have two wires, one for each side. Using any of the hazzard wires don't work either.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks
        You can tap into the sidelight wires and have them flash no problem, indicators, forget it.
        Just trace the wires back from light switch under dash and put a tester on the wire and turn side lights on. That'll tell you if you've got the right wire.
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
          For some strange reason it's not as simple as that, i had one on my 2nd gen and tried for hours to get it to work with relays with no success at all. Don't ask why, i was left scratching my bonse for ages, gave up and got mullered instead. The proper alarm/ RCL systems have two wires, one for each side. Using any of the hazzard wires don't work either.
          Mine did, but yes sidelights would work too.
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Thanks
            here ya go this tells you all you need to know

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wir...Toyota/4Runner

Comment

As always theres always help.
              Thanks Guys

Comment

If you have a single wire sytem a could of 40p chunky diodes (or strip an old style dc supply use these to split rhe wire into two outputs and simply connect onto the indicators.
                Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
                X