Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• towbar wiring.

Hi all,
    I know that it's fairly straight forward to wire the towbar electrics in at the actual light clusters, but this means striping almost all the outer sleeve off the cable in order to take wires to either side cluster.
    Is there anywhere, other than the fuse box, where both left and right wires are together ?

You don't have to strip the sheathing off the wire, just wire everything to the right side cluster and tap another wire from the left indicator and take that over to the right side and connect to towbar electrics. Job done.
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Is there any specific gauge of wire that should be used ?

Comment

use the wire supplied with the tow bar electrics . you dont wire in behind the lights , you wire it in inside the panels in the rear of the car , you then run 2 wires the width of the car for a stop light and an indicator from the same side to the opposite side.

Comment

It's the two wires that you run across to the other side that I was wondering about the gauge of.

Comment

i used 2 lengths from household 2 core cable.

Comment

Excellent, I've loads of that lying around.
              Must admit I was surprised how easy to fit the actual towbar itself was.

Comment

Took about an hour but it's all working now - thanks to everyone who's posted threads on the electrics over the years.

Comment

Working...
                X