central locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• central locking

hi i recently to my suprise found a spare key in my glove box it had a plastic remote key head which had lock and unlock on it but was broken. so my question is has my car got remote central locking ? i looked at some of the threads on here and it says remote and imobiliser was found under drivers seat ive looked but cant see anything so where else would it be.and finally how would i go about getting a new remote ? i have a 1994 l reg ssrx 3.0ltr ps also found a remote starting control box in glove box with some electronic horn gizmo dont know about the either lol . thx in advance Colin

This is the standard one that came with my Surf, have been looking for a replacement for a while, but Toyota dont want to know.

Comment

If you have remote lock/unlock chances are that its an aftermarket alarm. The box for the alarm could be anywhere, but try searching under seats, and under the bonnet.

However, if it is a thatcham approved system, if you don't have any documentation - which would include a unique code - then you probably won't get a replacement fob from the manufacturer.

When you say broken, do you mean doesn't work or smashed into bits? You could try getting a new battery for the fob if it's just unresponsive.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

broken as in the only bit that is left is one side of the black casing

Comment

But does it look like the picture above.

Comment

The central locking module is behind the drivers side kick panel, if that helps.
            Any 'extra' wires for the remote locking system will probably be found there.

Comment

i have the same type of key in mine and the box is under the drivers seat
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

like yours andy but alot less of it lol

Comment

Working...
                X