yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is this light on and what does it mean ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this light on and what does it mean ?

I have got a light that has appeared on my dash, Its a few along on the left of the handbrake light and it looks like a pressure cooker upside down with what looks like a water lever half way up it !
    I thought it might be telling me the water lever was low but ive topped it up and filled the washers up too and its still on. Anyone know what it is ?? Ive looked through the forum but cant find out about it.

Originally posted by v8 jeep
    I have got a light that has appeared on my dash, Its a few along on the left of the handbrake light and it looks like a pressure cooker upside down with what looks like a water lever half way up it !
    I thought it might be telling me the water lever was low but ive topped it up and filled the washers up too and its still on. Anyone know what it is ?? Ive looked through the forum but cant find out about it.
    On a diesel lump it means water in the fuel, the solution being undo the drain tap on the bottom of the fuel filter to drain away the water until diesel comes out, anew filter could also be an option (fuel filter)

If not it could be the sensor

Carl
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply carl.
      Its funny i just ordered a fuel filter yesterday before this light came on. Hows that for a stroke of luck. ( Or maybe not). Adam.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply carl.
        Its funny i just ordered a fuel filter yesterday before this light came on. Hows that for a stroke of luck. ( Or maybe not). Adam.
        No probs, also go to tesco and get some redex, when you put filter back on fill it up with that, and youll see a whole new truck
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Ok cheers i will. I am thinking of selling my surf as i need something a bit smaller as my hours at work have been dropped a lot so im skint.. But if you say if i fill up with redex it will be a new truck (will it be woth the same as a brand new truck)

Comment

Drained the water out of the filter bottom and now the light has gone off. Im going to wait till i only have half a tank of fuel and change the filter and put some redex or something in to make it run like a rolls royce. It wiil be interesting to see how much difference it makes as it runs spot on now and never misses a beat..

Comment

Don't put the Redex into the tank, put it directly into the filter when you change it.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Ok, Will do, I dont want to sound dim, But what difference does it make !! Thanks adam.

Comment

i would think it would clean up the injectors and do a bit of decarbing in the piston chambers ,used to do it 30years ago on petrol engines to decarb them pour a small amount of redex in the piston chambers via the plug hole leave over night start up engine in morning to clouds of black smoke and clean piston heads/chambers hopefully! but as petrol technology got better it was no longer required though it was handy for cleaning out carberettors of the varnish that collected in the venturies.

Comment

just gives a more intense dose for a few seconds, and saves spending all day using the primer pump aswell.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Drained the water out of the filter bottom and now the light has gone off. Im going to wait till i only have half a tank of fuel and change the filter and put some redex or something in to make it run like a rolls royce. It wiil be interesting to see how much difference it makes as it runs spot on now and never misses a beat..

You may need a soft faced vice to change the filter they don't always play ball
                      Brian

Comment

Working...
                      X