Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immobiliser problems..!

Hi Everyone,
    I have a slight problem, or rather a friend of mine who has just bought himself Hilux Surf, problem is he doesn't have the 'keyfob' that he describes as looking like an AA battery that you press into the dash to activate the immobiliser. How can he get round this problem? Is it possible to buy a new one and have it programmed?

Thanks in advance.

They are called touch keys.

I'm sure you can get replacements, you'll need the model number and name of the immobiliser.

Comment

Immobiliser headache !!

Mine came fitted with a thatcham cat II immobiliser, made by toad, with key fob thingy and was forever playing up, took me 15 minutes to sort it out, removed cowling under steering colum, found immobiliser device, cut power cables !! hey presto, no immobiliser headache anymore !!! either that or you can get hold of the manufacturer for spares and reprogramme them yourself with the ignition coil. Good luck !! IGGISAIL

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies and giving me the right name for the 'battery'! ;o) Are you saying that it is possible to immobilise the immobiliser by cutting a few wires? Can you point me in the right direction for a wiring diagram for these things?

Thanks again,
        Salvatore
        Last edited by saiello; 9 November 2007, 01:19.

Comment

Originally posted by saiello
          Thanks for the quick replies and giving me the right name for the 'battery'! ;o) Are you saying that it is possible to immobilise the immobiliser by cutting a few wires? Can you point me in the right direction for a wiring diagram for these things?

Thanks again,
          Salvatore
          Doubt you'll be able to get a wireing diagram as the AA guy we once called out said they could'nt get hold of any, had to take it to a place that fitted em ang get em to remove the dam thing, more trouble than their worth in me book,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

They are a major pain in the arse. I got two keyfobs and two touchkeys. Only one fob and one touch was working, so I thought Id be clever and with instructions in hand tried to program the other two. The result was that not only did I fail, I somehow managed to deprogramme the operational fob. I couldnt start the damn truck and went into a bit of a flap. I didnt have the pincode either.
            After a strong coffee and two fags It occurred to me that I still had the previously working touch key which I had not tried. Hoping and praying that I hadnt fcuked it too I tried it and got lucky. I could then reprogramme the previously working fob and got that back. I didnt dare try the others again and still havent. I still dont have the pincode either. Theirs a way of getting that by faffing aound and counting flashing lights but it was stunts like that that deprogrammed my working fob. Suffice to say I hate the damn things. Im with popeye on this one and if it wasnt for the fact that Ive told the insurer I have one and have given them the certificate details Id be tempted to get it ripped out.

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

If you know what you're doing it's straight forward stuff to remove it and shouldn't take more than 30 - 45 minutes to remove the immobiliser and return the looms back to as close to factory as possile. Most alarm installers will remove an immobiliser for a set callout fee, normally around about the £60 mark. Most would want to do it at the address the car is registered to and/or see a v5 document before they remove the immobiliser.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Working...
              X