Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra wires?

Hi folks,

Been trying to sort out the electrics on my Surf for a few weeks now (actually, I've been sorting them since I bought it!)

Successes have been the Rear window electrics, back door lock, the speedo, central locking, aerial (sort of) and the glow plugs (found the problem, just not got round to fixing them yet).

I had to re-wire the radio harness as the idiot who fitted the last stereo had cut all the wires. I had an old Honda ISO adapter so I wired that into the harness, so that if I change the current radio, it'll be plug-n-play. Also the aerial power cable had been cut at the aerial, so I fixed that.

My questions however are.

1) The aerial is very noisy and doesn't quite go right up and it won't go down aithout me pushing it down. Is the aerial gubbed or will I get away with a new mast?

2) At the audio harness, I have 3 wires left. A green one which seems to be an earth, A brown wire and a White/Black wire. Anyone got any ideas what they are for?

Many thanks for all your help so far, some day maybe I'll be able to help someone out?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Sorry did'nt work, i have an adobe install doctor drawing of the wireing (and )
    plugs regarding the stereo, but the bugger wont copy or load, if you contact
    Bushwcker he posted it in the first place so should be able to help,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Any chance you can e-mail it? If you can, my address is andy(at)ac62.com.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
        Any chance you can e-mail it? If you can, my address is andy(at)ac62.com.

Cheers

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

Comment

Thanks for that guys. I'll assume the 3 wires I have left are the 3 marked 'Do Not Use' in the 1987 and Newer schematic?

Any opinions on the aerial noise?

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
            Thanks for that guys. I'll assume the 3 wires I have left are the 3 marked 'Do Not Use' in the 1987 and Newer schematic?

Any opinions on the aerial noise?
            Sounds like the mast rack is broken if it won't go all the way up (ooh err missus) Roughtrax do a replacement mast for about £20, they also do a rubber whip (guffaw) that simply screws in.
            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
            X