Fuses confuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuses confuses

Hi folks. Does anyone know what ECU-IG means? It's in the fusebox in the driver footwell. There wasn't a fuse in it so I put one in and nothing seemed different! Also there's one labeled SEAT. What does that one do?
    The fusebox under the bonnet has a socket labeled FUEL HEATER but nothing plugged into it. Should there be?

Thanks,
    Jay.

The fuel heater is only valid if you have the winter pack with the heater in the fuel filter (I think). As for the others, no idea.
    Mike G

Comment

Whatever you do, DO NOT put a fuse in the one marked seat, it is wired to the little red button and powers the ejector seat mechanism, they were disabled when imported as they are illegal here.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        Whatever you do, DO NOT put a fuse in the one marked seat, it is wired to the little red button and powers the ejector seat mechanism, they were disabled when imported as they are illegal here.
        Muppetry. Ask a simple question...

Comment

Originally posted by maggotropolis
          Muppetry. Ask a simple question...
          Hehehehe, well someone had to say it.

I have the winter pack fitted to mine, but don't have the fuel filter heater, so I guess they use the same fuseboxes across the range, and you can add what you like as a factory extra, I don't recall seeing one with seat written on it, but there maybe a heated seat version somewhere.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
            Hehehehe, well someone had to say it.
            Would be cool though eh?
            Seriously though, ECU-IG, there wasn't a fuse in place - put one in - no difference that I can see!?

What is it???

Comment

Would be cool though eh?
              Seriously though, ECU-IG, there wasn't a fuse in place - put one in - no difference that I can see!?

What is it???

I think it's for the data logging circuit in the ECU. You wouldn't have noticed any difference when a fuse was added.
              The fuse is usually removed and then replaced after about 30 seconds to clear any faults logged in the ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                I think it's for the data logging circuit in the ECU. You wouldn't have noticed any difference when a fuse was added.
                The fuse is usually removed and then replaced after about 30 seconds to clear any faults logged in the ECU.
                Uhuh, I think I get it
                While you're here professor, do you know why my rear window de-mister doesn't work even though the fuse is not blown???
                Ta!

Comment

Uhuh, I think I get it
                  While you're here professor, do you know why my rear window de-mister doesn't work even though the fuse is not blown???
                  Ta!

The two main reasons are....
                  1. The connectors have come off the terminals on the element/glass.
                  2. A wire or two have broken where they pass from the tailgate to the body near the hinge. This is due to the movement of the tailgate up and down over time, and the old brittle wires sometimes break.

Comment

Working...
                  X