Speedo Knowledge Check Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo Knowledge Check Please

Hi all, just bought a 1993 Surf and joined your forum a few days ago. Lots of good stuff on here, I've managed to fix a few issues already.

But; I'd like a knowledge check before I delve into trying to find out what's up with my speedo.

Essentially it's dead, no trip counters, no speed reading, nothing.

It has a needle stop on it so if I'm right it's electronic, it also appears to have a MPH cover over the old KPH dial, so the speed reading would be in MPH but the odometer will be in Kilometers?

2 things I want to ask, how will I know if there's been a speedo healer fitted and what's most likely to have killed the speedo.

Cheers.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Originally posted by andy62
    Hi all, just bought a 1993 Surf and joined your forum a few days ago. Lots of good stuff on here, I've managed to fix a few issues already.

But; I'd like a knowledge check before I delve into trying to find out what's up with my speedo.

It has a needle stop on it so if I'm right it's electronic, it also appears to have a MPH cover over the old KPH dial, so the speed reading would be in MPH but the odometer will be in Kilometers?

2 things I want to ask, how will I know if there's been a speedo healer fitted and what's most likely to have killed the speedo.

Cheers.
    Counters will still be in kilometers, try fuses and stuff but not sure on the deadness fella, may also be a speed sensor
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by andy62

Cheers.
      Hi and welcome m8!

two ideas, 1 the connection to the gear box is loose or not connected!
      2 the speedo board thingy is dead i would suspect this is the most likley one. in some cases ithink ive read that they can be repaired, not had this problem yet so not speaking from experience. sorry cant help any more than that.. somebody will guide you better than i during the coarse of the day, good luck.
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Was a burned out track, repaired and working fine. Thanks for your help.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
        X