help/starter motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help/starter motor

can anybody help me again need to get starter out,got to the stage of unboltin it but can't seem to get it out of engine bay.wot's the best way to do this
    thxs ian

mechanic coaxed it out from wheel arch but mine is lifted
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by bayo
      can anybody help me again need to get starter out,got to the stage of unboltin it but can't seem to get it out of engine bay.wot's the best way to do this
      thxs ian
      With great difficulty! first ensure everything is disconnected including all wires theres one round the back I know cos I had the same problem. Then just try wriggle it out. people say the easiest way is up after removing the fuel filter.
      I ended up replacing the contacts etc. with it still in the engine working from the side with the wheel off as I got totally brassed off trying to get it out and decided if it was so difficult to get out how hard would it be to get it back in.
      http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/starter.htm This link may help
      Trust your Hound.

Comment

done it

ok chers dudes got the blighter out now undone the two bolts on the fuel pump and lifted it straight out hope it goes back ok.looks like the contacts have burned out well one side has hardley any thin left of it

Comment

all done

all done and fitted back in car now took about an hour to fit back to gether it all went to easy thought it would be harder than that ,any way she's up and runnin again so thxs for ur help
          ian

Comment

Originally posted by bayo
            ok chers dudes got the blighter out now undone the two bolts on the fuel pump and lifted it straight out hope it goes back ok.looks like the contacts have burned out well one side has hardley any thin left of it
            yeah one side of mine was as thick as a rizla
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
            X