Trickle chargers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trickle chargers.

Can anyone tell me if the solar panels you can get that plug into the gig lighter and trickle charge your batteries are any good. I'm going to take my surf to Ireland where I have a house and leave the surf at the airport.As I only go there every 5-6weeks, I dont want to get stuck with a flat battery.Can you also tell me what output I should be looking at if they do work. Seen various types on e-bay and at Maplins.

My personal opinion, they're a waste of time. They typically only provide 1.5W peak output.

A better bet would be to disconnect one or both of the batteries when you park up, and assuming that it's not old and knackered it should retain most of its charge.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Its CHEAPER to buy a portable Jump start thing from Machine mart.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Thats a good suggestion, the amount of times i could have done with one of them, and curse myself for no buyin one. I just think things goin greta dont need one and the innevitable happens.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
          Thats a good suggestion, the amount of times i could have done with one of them, and curse myself for no buyin one. I just think things goin greta dont need one and the innevitable happens.
          Thats why ive got one as TRACY'S old SEAT IBIZA used to be a bugga in the cold weather.
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, Can recharge it when i get it home. Failing that,its still quite a small personal airport and the local car hire firms are very friendly and more than willing to help in a crisis. A bit like our airports

Comment

You can either charge it at home or from your Vehicle through the 12v Cigarette lighter socket.
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

just gets better and better

Comment

Originally posted by mick p
                  just gets better and better
                  £2500 EACH THEYRE AROUND £45 or so
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Got a machine mart down the road so i,ll check em out. Now for the silly ? Is it basicly a 12v battery with jump leads attached or has it got some electronics on board to give a bigger punch?

Comment

Originally posted by mick p
                      Got a machine mart down the road so i,ll check em out. Now for the silly ? Is it basicly a 12v battery with jump leads attached or has it got some electronics on board to give a bigger punch?
                      Its just with CABLE & Crocodile Clips on the end. Ask how much a DIESEL one is Because you need a bit more Punch
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Just been on their site and they only seem to do chargers for petrol-4ltr and diesel-2.5ltr......£82.00

Comment

sorry to disagree guys but I have been useing a solar to keep my ride on mower up to charge as their appears to be something wrong with the on board charge circuit...It has been brill so much so I now keep one in the car for just the situation you describe - parked up at bournmouth for 8 days and on return the starter was turning over well quick, I think it was well worth while to keep the batteries topped up..........and 2 for £23...bargain
                          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                          Tony

Comment

Working...
                          X