Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Fob Locking

Hi All,
    Not a new one, but I can't find my way back to something I read a long time ago, on here.
    The Key Fob buttons stopped working. Changed the "coin" battery, still not working. Started looking at other things behind the r/h footwell trim. Got p...ed off, forgot about it and carried-on wearing-out the doorlock. Sometime, months later found that the "coin" battery was a duffer. Changed it again, still not working.
    Now it's a year later and I have just replaced the twin car batteries. The nice man in the shop said "Watch how you change them, do it one at a time or you might loose your central locking on those $$$$$$ smurfs".
    The light came on and I thought what if I disconnected the power while I was fiddling about looking for the original problem?
    Does anyone know if the nice man was correct? If so, is there a sequence to follow to re-initiate the fob locking/unlocking?
    Yes! It's still in the garage. M1ROD

don't know, but you have to disconnect the batteries to reset the ecu, i havent read anything about doing this messing up any central locking or alarm settings. i'd disconnect both batteries for half an hour then try it again, it cant bust it any further can it.

you may find this website some use.

www.the12volt.com
    Last edited by davemaxx; 30 August 2007, 23:36.

Comment

Key Fob Locking

Thanks Davemaxx,
      I'll keep that one in reserve for the moment as the current problem (no pun intended) has scared me off disconnecting in case anything else goes! Having read a few threads on here it looks like this is a fairly common problem with many possible fixes! I'm a bit confused though as one thread places the door locking sensor in the drivers r/h side panel and another says it's the small black box under the driver's seat. I thought that was the ECU connector. Looks like I'm going to delve a lot deeper!
      Trooper.
      Yes! It's still in the garage. M1ROD

Comment

Working...
      X