Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hid lights

thinking of getting a set of these http://shrunk.net/91bfd86d
    do these work ok with the surfs wireing?
    and do they actualy get better results?
    im having difficulty seeing in the dark and have the high powered bulbs in
    ive tried washing the headlights
    eating loads carrots
    all to no avail

anyone got some like these?
    at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Are the headlights clean? You might want to start with making sure they are clear, then look at a headlight harness or loom. It will up the voltage 1 or 2, and make it much brighter. Sorry I can't help you with the HID part, but interested in the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Dust
      Are the headlights clean? You might want to start with making sure they are clear, then look at a headlight harness or loom. It will up the voltage 1 or 2, and make it much brighter. Sorry I can't help you with the HID part, but interested in the info.
      to be honest ive contemplated chainging the glass but when i look its clear anyway
      i have tried numerous bulbs
      the lights are set bang on its just down the country lanes and on unlit motorways i cant see a $$$$$$ thing

i drive a merc with bi-xenon and dont need the hi beam down the same roads
      i may take the plunge
      i just thought someone on here would have fitted them

Comment

Yes there is a member who has fitted a HID kit, I saw them on Salisbury plains a few years back. I seem to think it may have been Jotto, but I could be way off base, as my memory for names is useless (worse than actually).
        I know they looked good even if he did have a good inch of water sloshing about inside the glass.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

that is some expencive way to get more light, wouldn't a set of spots be cheaper and more controlable?
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
            that is some expencive way to get more light, wouldn't a set of spots be cheaper and more controlable?
            i suppose they would be but spots are no good on normal dipped beam
            so it would be great until i used the motorway and couldnt use them because im blinding oncoming traffic

if set up properly the hid's should not blind oncoming traffic as they will be pointing down at the road
            or thats my theory anyway lol lol lol

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy
              i suppose they would be but spots are no good on normal dipped beam
              so it would be great until i used the motorway and couldnt use them because im blinding oncoming traffic

if set up properly the hid's should not blind oncoming traffic as they will be pointing down at the road
              or thats my theory anyway lol lol lol
              When I do eventually fit my bull bar (shut it Stormy!) I am planning 2 spots set low on dipped and 2 with the main beam with perhaps all 4 if possible on the flash switch, hoping someone might come up with a wireing diagram for me
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
                When I do eventually fit my bull bar (shut it Stormy!) I am planning 2 spots set low on dipped and 2 with the main beam with perhaps all 4 if possible on the flash switch, hoping someone might come up with a wireing diagram for me
                i wouldn't say anything Tony cough not on yet cough
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Just bought some from http://www.hids4u.co.uk/

I'll let you know how its goes.
                  There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

the surf's headlight loom is a beyatch, uprated looms and 100w bulbs makes a hell of a difference from standard.

It is Jotto that has HID.

I'll leave that wiring diagram to someone else i think
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

I bought the ugraded loom from teh states for about $40, works a treat, but I really want the HIDs
                      There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

There is some good info in here about upgrading the wiring harness, and I can help out if you guys need some help too. I just did it a few months ago on mine.

Comment

any ideas on prices??can u post for us?lol

Comment

Sorry, it's for making your own. I forgot to post the link. Someone on the Aussie site recently made one for his.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/view...612&highlight=

Comment

Don't waste your money in a PnP HID kit. You'll be blinding oncoming trafic and the output won't be like your bixenon.

If you want HID make it well, like the hidplanet.com people.

I'm doing a retrofit at the moment:

David
                              '94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

Comment

Working...
                              X