Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEAM DEFLECTORS [TEMPORARY] for FRANCE

HELLO

Could anyone advise : I already have my Surf in France for the summer and need urgently to adjust the headlamps for use after dark.
    What is the simplest solution for making the car legal / safe in France and dipping the headlamps to the right?
    [I can have stuff purchased in England if necessary].

Also, (less urgent): this may turn into a permanent situation, in which case, is there any place in England or France to obtain 2nd hand headlamps / dippers suitable for driving on the Right ?

Best regards.

The cheapest/simplest solution is black insulation tape which can then be ripped off when you return to our shores.

Finding headlamps of the left hand variety is not going to be easy - good luck in your hunt.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I visit the continent regularly I bought a set of universal beam converters (black plastic with reflector reverse) its like a fablon type of stuff that you cut to shape, even has guide lines! when the first set got tired I had enough to make another set, in fact I just realised they are still on there....Ooops
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Would a pair of 4runner lamps from USA work?
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

The american headlamps don't have the "E" markings and they are DOT/SAE pattern, that means that they have a straight cutoff while the ECE ones have a tilt in the right (Europe) or the left (UK).

This is the stock pattern of my 4Runner:

David
          '94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

Comment

Working...
          X