intercooler fan trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intercooler fan trigger

Anyone successfully fitted a low temp sensor trigger for the intercooler fan, just been looking at the aus one and to ship etc it comes out at just over 20
    dollars (aus) whatever that is, cuts the fan in at 38 degrees C which sounds about right, just wondered what guys here have used (if anything) anything onthe market here?
    http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2360/article.html
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

FAN TRIGGER?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      FAN TRIGGER?
      A temperature sensor switch to "trigger" the fan

Comment

Wouldn't go to that expense Ian. Just get one of these for it. They're standard thermal switches used on all manner of electrical equipment.

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/br...at+switch&Ntx=

Comment

$$$$$$ hell Matt!! what would i do without you, i'll have to mention ya in my will, i'll put a clause in " hello Matt"
          i've been looking on MSM best part of the evening, never thought of CPC, and they send me a catalouge every dam month, Cheers

Comment

I've mastered the knack of doing everything as cheaply as possible.

Comment

Thats wot i need to do,
              Had a quick look at em and i'm not sure if they'll work, open at 35 degrees but the highest shut off is 50 degrees, wont that turn off the fan if the cooler rad exceeds that?

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                Thats wot i need to do,
                Had a quick look at em and i'm not sure if they'll work, open at 35 degrees but the highest shut off is 50 degrees, wont that turn off the fan if the cooler rad exceeds that?
                The opening point is what temperature they'll initially trip at, the closing point is the temperature it resets at, which is the lower of the two quoted temps. So, whilst the temp of the intercooler is above the closing point temp, it'll stay open.

Comment

Right! well spoiled for choice there, i'm thinking the first or maybe second (from the top), anyway for that sort of money their worth a try, i noticed the aus one is wired into the negative side of the fan,

Cant believe no one else has said what they did regarding these fans, i know a lot of guys have fitted intercoolers, (probably sick to death of me bangin on about stuff)
                  Cheers matt

Comment

Working...
                  X