Aircon electrical fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon electrical fault

I have suffered from poor aircon performance ever since buying my 94 3.0SSRX 4 months ago. Had air con system checked out. engineer says nothing wrong and sure enough freezing cold air aplenty. Drive down the road for 2 miles and aircon stops working. The aircon light stays on but the interior just gets warmer. On further investigation. Lift the bonnet, aircon pump is engaged and aircon fan is running, select D,R,2,L on gear- stick both fan and pump stop immediately. the aircon only operates with Park or Neutral selected on the gearbox. I guess this must be some sort of electrical fault. Anyone else experienced the same?

Just a hunch, but try a bad earth on the compressor
    Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Hey, I agree about the earths! If you see my previous post that was the urgent one. Grounding out the system solved my rear windows not working after replacing all the electrics. Seems that those damn grounds can cause all sorts of strange Havoc. I would check them all very closely, even had 3 new grounds added to mine by my mechanic. I wouldv'e addem them meself, but he had the vehicle to install the kick down for me.
      Oh Why? Why always Me?

Comment

Aircon still down.

Checked out the earthing. Had Auto-electrician scratching his head for three hours. Still no good. Does anyone know the location of the aircon compressor relay.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem with Linda's truck. As soon as I find out whats causing it, I'll let you know!

I need to try someone else's ECU, as the A/C gets turned off by lots of different things, kickdown, high engine temps, etc....
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X