Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge reads 1/4....all the time

Hi All,
    My fuel gauge reads 1/4 all the time. Some might say with the cost of diesel these days that's a blessing. Run out twice and first thoughts were that the suction pipe might have broken off in the tank , but filled up today and ....it's still at a 1/4.
    Turn the engine off.............and it's still at a 1/4.
    Any ideas?
    Banging the dash makes all the gauges jump about except the fuel gauge.

Originally posted by rodthrutheblock
    Hi All,
    My fuel gauge reads 1/4 all the time. Some might say with the cost of diesel these days that's a blessing. Run out twice and first thoughts were that the suction pipe might have broken off in the tank , but filled up today and ....it's still at a 1/4.
    Turn the engine off.............and it's still at a 1/4.
    Any ideas?
    Banging the dash makes all the gauges jump about except the fuel gauge.
    more than likely the float in the fuel tank is stuck
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks Richard. Any idea if I can get to it without having to drop the tank?
      This might have been the only thing on a L*nd R*ver that's easier to get to. Just under the seat and no tools needed to do it.
      Julian

Comment

Thanks Richard. Any idea if I can get to it without having to drop the tank?
        This might have been the only thing on a L*nd R*ver that's easier to get to. Just under the seat and no tools needed to do it.
        Julian
        Lift the rear seat and i think there is a small panel to take off and you should be able to get to the wiring etc on top of the tank

Comment

Thanks again. I'll go and have a play now. Nothing worse than running out.
          Julian

Comment

Thanks again. I'll go and have a play now. Nothing worse than running out.
            Julian
            just lift the seat and the carpet and you will see the panel.Its just big enough to get your hand thru

Comment

Hi Richard,
              Found the hole and had a look. The tank is so close to the body there is no chance of even seeing the sender, let alone getting it out or shaking it. Guess I'll have to drop the tank. Shame I just filled it!....
              Also just noticed you've got a body lift...........
              That'll give you the room you need to get at it without dropping the tank.
              I'll set the mileometer and drive to that and have a proper look later. Best put a can of diesel in the back too!

Comment

Hi Richard,
                Found the hole and had a look. The tank is so close to the body there is no chance of even seeing the sender, let alone getting it out or shaking it. Guess I'll have to drop the tank. Shame I just filled it!....
                Also just noticed you've got a body lift...........
                That'll give you the room you need to get at it without dropping the tank.
                I'll set the mileometer and drive to that and have a proper look later. Best put a can of diesel in the back too!

Give the tank a whack with a length of timber, might release the float.

Comment

Working...
                X