towbar wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• towbar wiring

morning men - quick question , are all the wires in the right hand loom or do i have to run 2 separate wires to the left side for tail and indicators , my towequipe sheet isnt very plain to follow.

from memory i think you will have to run two wires to the right hand side, i seem to remember doing that and puting the cable under the carpet and taping it down...
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Hi guys

Just fitted my towequip bar, agree the instructions are somewhat vague! or maybe I am.

On the 3rd gen, is the rear light wiring loom on the right or left?

I have the rear off side panel taken out now and can see a large wiring loom feeding off into the rear light assembly. It then goes up and over into the boot.

My idea is to find out which of the wires in this loom activate the various bits and bobs, break into them and wire them into the 7 core wire from the tow electrics.

I cant find a link to a wiring diagram. Anyone know where it is or can tell me which of my wiring loom wires do what?

Any thoughts on the best way to proceed? Take the rear light units out and wire from in there?

Would appreciate your help.

Rob
      Last edited by biglouieuk; 21 June 2007, 22:20. Reason: Another hour passed, I know more... :)

Comment

if i can add for others, the gen 2 must be wired into the left hand side then run 2 wires to the right side for flasher n tail lights .

Also the wiring colours change as they enter a multiplug inside the light fitting.Another reason i was confuzzled .

rear of the lights can become wet inside , id personally trace each wire from the lights to inside the car and scotch lock em inside the boot area.
        Last edited by internetsurfer; 24 June 2007, 18:17.

Comment

Afternnon from a soggy south Yorkshire

When I did mine, all the wiring for the rear lights is behind the drivers side rear light panel. The only wire you need to take across from the pasenger side is the one for the nearside indicator. I just tapped into this and ran the wire under the plastic cover piece for the carpet.

All the connections were soldered. All in all, took about 2 hours but nice neat job (i'm not a great fan of scochloks). There is a big black grommet under the lights/rear bumper that the 7 core wire can easily go through and no chance of water getting in, especially if you put a blob of silicone in afterwards.

Hope this helps

hawaii
          I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
          X