Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel gauge fault

I've done a search and havent found this before;
    My fuel gauge never goes above just under the half way mark, even when brimmed to the top. It goes down, but registers empty when it isnt. Anyone else had this? How to cure?

Originally posted by Scott Lowe
    I've done a search and havent found this before;
    My fuel gauge never goes above just under the half way mark, even when brimmed to the top. It goes down, but registers empty when it isnt. Anyone else had this? How to cure?

What year is your 3.0, not sure on the later ones but its a float on an arm that registers the amount of fuel you have. May be the arm has come loose, float is leaking or sender unit is not registering properly.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Its a 93 'L' reg.
      Is the sender easy to remove, I havent managed to get a look at it yet.

Cheers.
      Scott.

Comment

AS Koi said likely to be the sender, the way to test is to find the wire that comes from it and ground it to the chassis. The gauge will either register completely full or completely empty, if it does then it is the sender if it doesn't it is the gauge (Unlikely)

Sorry haven't got a clue where the sender unit is but if you get underneath you cant miss the fuel tank! The sender unit will be the only thing with a wire attached to teh tank.

Rich.
        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
        X