Oil gauge wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil gauge wire

Hi all, ever since a bought my surf the oil gauge has never worked. Read on here that the sensor is next to the exhaust on no.4 pot.

However i don't know what colour wire actually connects to the sensor. Can anyone please let me know which wire it is?

There is one wire just tired up in the bay that is not connected to anything. Hope its that one.

Cheers.

Martin
    Which Wychwood would you choose?

Originally posted by hobgoblin
    Hi all, ever since a bought my surf the oil gauge has never worked. Read on here that the sensor is next to the exhaust on no.4 pot.

However i don't know what colour wire actually connects to the sensor. Can anyone please let me know which wire it is?

There is one wire just tired up in the bay that is not connected to anything. Hope its that one.

Cheers.

Martin
    I think its white/black, can you not have a feel behind the exhaust and to the rear of the filter,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Yellow/Blue is the Oil Pressure Sender wire on mine. Switch ignition on then ground the wire and gauge should work if it's the right one.

Nev

Comment

Cheers lads. Going to have a look at it today. Armed with this info i should get it sorted no problem.
        Or is that famous last words???
        Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

Working...
        X