No Horn On Me Surf I Am Ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Horn On Me Surf I Am Ok

NO HORN ON ME SURF I AM OK lol the fuse is ok i striped the horn switch and gave the connections a wee dub with sand paper still no horn i am still ok help
    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

try it with the bonnet shut mine has a cut off switch that stops the horn working with the bonnet lifted i only found this out after about an hour of messing around trying to get it to work
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa
      NO HORN ON ME SURF I AM OK lol the fuse is ok i striped the horn switch and gave the connections a wee dub with sand paper still no horn i am still ok help
      That depends on your local constabulary, technically it is and offence under the construction and use regulations to use a vehicle without "an audiable warning of approach", most likley you'd get a 7 day wonder and a telling off.

Can you hear the horn relay click? I havent a foggyest where it's mounted but when I replaced mine I could hear a click when I pressed the horn button. The horns themselves are mounted on the front panel behind the grille, there should be one on each side if they are the genuine ones.

Hope this helps
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

D Horn

thanks but it still does not work never sounded the horn with the bonnet up i will have a look for a switch that may have a wire off and there are two horns just below the front valance be hind the grill the relay is clicking it is in the fuse box by the gas pedal beside what would be the outside of your right foot when your sat be hind the wheel the fuse for the horn is shared with the hazards and they are working ok so that rules out the fuse holder and the fuse sooooooo that says to me that it is the horns gubbed or with off roading i have broke a wire some ware so i think i will go to a s$$$$py and get two horns and take it from there but if we have a auto sparkie out there help as this is bursting my nut
        S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

If you can get to the horn terminals put 12v direct to it.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

The horns are negative switched, so they have a costant +12v to one terminal and it is the earth that goes back through the button.

I just replaced mine with a universal one from halfords yesterday, never noticed if there was another horn the other side. The switch in the steering wheel also required some attention, if you have to take the wheel off loosen the nut in the centre, but leave it on the thread a few turns, it stops the wheel smackin you in the face as you yank at it to free it up. Also if you gotta take the next bit behind the wheel off, ie the indicator stalks etc tilt the wheel down as far as it will go on the adjuster then the wires just have enough length to get it off and over the end of the steering wheel shaft.

The wire had come off the back of the pin that contacts to the brass ring on the back of the steering wheel, and the spring on this pin was also on it's way out, i resoldered the wire and connector onto the back of the pin, and extended the front of it with a little blob of solder which stops the spring having to push it as far forward for it to make contact.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Working...
            X