Rear speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear speakers.

My rear speakers have not worked since i got my surf, I took the pannels of in my boot and run new wire from the stereo to the speakers and there was some wires coming from an electric device behind the speaker box, I have now disconected the wire from the box and now they work. What is the box and what does it do ?? As i now no longer have it conected..

Originally posted by v8 jeep
    My rear speakers have not worked since i got my surf, I took the pannels of in my boot and run new wire from the stereo to the speakers and there was some wires coming from an electric device behind the speaker box, I have now disconected the wire from the box and now they work. What is the box and what does it do ?? As i now no longer have it conected..
    that will be the amp for the rear speakers.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
      that will be the amp for the rear speakers.

My rear speakers don't work either since putting in new audio.
      So...am I right in thinking that for the speakers to work properly, there is a wire in the loom behind the audio that needs to be connected to 12v supply? I have one wire unaccounted for. It's green with silver bands.
      My wiring diagram, does not show it as power supply to amp or anything else for that matter.
      Obviously, I don't want to stick 12v down it if it's not for powering the rear speaker amp.

Hope you guys can help.

Regards

Comment

Is it a SONY Head unit. Does the radio work with rear speakers?
        Does it have a Button marked T/A. ???????????????/
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          Is it a SONY Head unit. Does the radio work with rear speakers?
          Does it have a Button marked T/A. ???????????????/
          Hi,
          The answers are: yes, yes and yes.
          The unit is: Sony CDX-GT410U hooked up to a Sony 6 CD Changer, and I'll be a monkey's uncle if you haven't solved the problem for me!

I pressed the AF/TA button once and the rear speakers kicked in!

Is that all there is to it?

There is nothing in the operating instructions about this. (Yes, I do read them.)

What I don't get is what this button has to do with the speakers?
          (Alternative Frequency/Traffic Announcements.)
          I'd appreciate it if you can offer an explanation.

In the mean time, I offer you my sincere thanks for solving this mystery for me. I am very grateful indeed!

Regards.

Comment

Its all to do with the rear amp power supply, if you don't wire up the power arial/rear amp relay properly, when the radio lowers the arial to play the CD, it shuts off the power to the rear amps. turning the TA on lets the radio moniter the radio signals, so it turns the power to the arial on again, and therefor the rear speakers as well.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              Its all to do with the rear amp power supply, if you don't wire up the power arial/rear amp relay properly, when the radio lowers the arial to play the CD, it shuts off the power to the rear amps. turning the TA on lets the radio moniter the radio signals, so it turns the power to the arial on again, and therefor the rear speakers as well.

Excellent answer and I now understand. All perfectly logical once you know the relay does both the aerial and amp, which I didn't.
              Guess that also explains why my newly fitted power aerial isn't playing ball either.

I'll have another bash at that in the morning.

Thanks very much & regards

Comment

I found this out by pure chance in the first week of getting my Surf.
                I have a Sony Xplod and I just kept pressing buttons and hey presto!

Nice to have it explained though. cheers.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

is there no way

is there no way of keeping the amp alive to the rear speakers cos mine doing same trick no sound from rear's and my system is alpine import system..??? i tried and tried to get them to work...???

Comment

wouldent the external amp switch usualy blue do the trick by sending a signal to the amp when the head unit is turned on
                    !!!My Rice Krispies told me to do it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hillux surf ssrx red
                      is there no way of keeping the amp alive to the rear speakers cos mine doing same trick no sound from rear's and my system is alpine import system..??? i tried and tried to get them to work...???
                      I disconected my amp to my rear speakers and then my speakers worked fine.
                      I have then since disconected the speakers and put some infinity 6x9 in the holes where the 2 compartments are behind the rear wheels arches.. They sound the BIZ

Comment

Originally posted by drcrippen324
                        wouldn't the external amp switch usualy blue do the trick by sending a signal to the amp when the head unit is turned on
                        Yes the external amp signal supply from the alpine head unit would do the trick perfectly. As it will only switch on the power to the aerial and the rear speaker amps when the head unit is turned on. So you won't have any problems with current drain when your not using the truck.

Comment

Working...
                        X