rear window wont go down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window wont go down!

help.......... ive tested the motor which is fine and the window goes up fine but just wont go down.
    its not any of the switches, when i use switch or key i hear the relay working but the window doesnt budge!

Originally posted by jap-coupe
    help.......... ive tested the motor which is fine and the window goes up fine but just wont go down.
    its not any of the switches, when i use switch or key i hear the relay working but the window doesnt budge!
    hi mate had same prob with mine just change relay not to hard if your handy with a soldering iron do a search theres loads off info on how to get at the relay box out and wot relay you need to change
    Last edited by paul jones; 1 May 2007, 21:29.

Comment

Broken wire where it enters the tailgate?
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

I had the same problem. tested every thing wrong.
        finally got it working fine after i unplugged every thing and cleaned the connections with a can of that electronics cleaners (the spray can type). works fine now.

i belive it was mainly the little black box near the motor that was causing the problems

Comment

100% relay issue m8. Had the exact same issue fixed with a new relay soldered to the board. you can buy a whole relay board but overkill just for this . Any auto elec will be able to solder a new one on .
          I payed £30 for the full job if thats a guide to go by. If you want to come to Greenock I will give you the guys number

Mark
          Lean Green Veggie Machine

Comment

If it is the relays that are causing the problem, have a peek at this if you're handy with an iron.

ftp://ftp.bauchan.org/Toyota/general..._relay_fix.zip

Edit: Have just updated the above link. The dir structure was altered around earlier.
            Last edited by MattF; 19 May 2007, 16:47.

Comment

You try this since it worked for me when I got a similar kind of problem with the driver side saturn window motor on my car. First, you could put some kind of a lubricant on the window shaft so that the window would not jam. Second, check the electrical fuse under the engine hood of your car for possible burned fuse. Lastly, and this may be the worst scenario here, your window motor probably is failing.

Comment

tested the motor= fine
                swaped the relays on the board and still the same! my dad reckons it could have a fault on the board with a transistor or some thing! gonna just buy a new relay box and see what happens but dont think there cheap!

Comment

Have you checked for damaged wires in the tailgate loom?

Comment

Working...
                  X