Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD/mp3 Install a success!!

After reading just about every thread on this forum plus a few others
    I finally took plunge and took factory stereo out and fitted a cd/mp3 player.If it wasn't for this forum I would have blown a fuse!.Missus thinks the same. Only thing now is how to download and burn mp3's to disc.Any leads, directions , instructions even or pointers in the directions of any good sites that are helpful would be real helpful.
    {please make simple as I am a bit slowwwww) I subscribed to an mp3 / dvd site which is great but no instructions on how to do it, also having problems on how to do same to a palm pilot.

Originally posted by marticogo
    I finally took plunge and took factory stereo out and fitted a cd/mp3 player.If it wasn't for this forum I would have blown a fuse!.Missus thinks the same. Only thing now is how to download and burn mp3's to disc.Any leads, directions , instructions even or pointers in the directions of any good sites that are helpful would be real helpful.
    {please make simple as I am a bit slowwwww) I subscribed to an mp3 / dvd site which is great but no instructions on how to do it, also having problems on how to do same to a palm pilot.
    I use Musicmatch Jukebox for managing my mp3 files and for burning them to cd available at :

http://www.musicmatch.com

better to pay the $20.00 or so for the plus version.
    Powered by ????

Comment

I've got a Sony MP3 in mine. I'm using some shareware software downloadable from the net called DBPowerAmp. Do a search for it and you should find it no problem. There were three seperate parts to it and I installed them all.

One of the parts is the music convertor which will read your source audio cd and convert it into MP3 files on your hard drive in whatever directory you specify. You can then either use whatever cd burning software you got with your cd writer or use the DBPowerAmp software to specify what folders and tracks you want. Dead simple. I try not to go below 128k quality mark.

I get around 8 - 11 albums per standard 74 min blank cd.
      Everything's easy, when you know how!

Comment

thanx

thanx for replies am following them up!!

Comment

I use MusicMatch as well and its worth 420 for the deluxe version. To get access to millions of free MP3s join MP3Grandcentral. it costs about $20 and its a peer to peer set up. That means all members share their MP3s with all other members. At present theres about 3 millions sharing about 70 million songs. So its usually easy to find what you want and its free. And most songs are in MP3 format already.

Stephen
          Stephen

1992 SSR-X Grey 2.4 TD Automatic

Comment

we use a prog called CDEx to rip standard cd's down to mp3. You can download this from CNET.com, it's freeware http://download.com.com/3000-2140-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1
            Then burn to CD's.

Comment

Originally posted by marticogo
              Try Limewire, but l have sent youna couple of mp3 files, the only thing is tha you may have trouble opening them because l run on Mac and they are in a mac drop zip, good luck.

Westie

ps It doesn't look like i can attatch these mp3 files, but if you want to send me your e-mail ,l can that way.
              Last edited by westie; 17 March 2004, 21:18.

Comment

Working...
              X