How can I add another 12V to my Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I add another 12V to my Surf?

I'd like to add a 12V supply to the Surf so I can plug in the CB, touchscreen& PC and keep the phone charger and PDA separate....

Are there pre wired slots in the fuse box in the engine bay that I can just add an output and fuse to - or is it harder than that?
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Hows about one of these?????????

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/4302.htm
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

I removed the ashtray, and stuck a 4 way thing in it's place. I wanted it switched independently of the ignition so i just found a wire that looked nice and thick round the fusebox area and was constant +12v and spliced into it. Put in an inline fuse holder, extended the wires across behind the dash, used a heavy duty switch, cut off the cig lighter plug, and hardwired it all.

you can just see it in the bottom of this pic, switch bottom left turns all 4 on/off
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
        Hows about one of these?????????

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/4302.htm
        That's the sort of thing i used, 4 way one from halfords, think it was only £7.99
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Hey Ian,is that a Midland 78 multi tucked away underneath there??? Does it stick out a bit?

If so,how do you find it??? I just got one off e blag.
          www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

It's a danita, it's the same size as the midlands though, i think it comes out the same factory. It sticks out a little but not too much. It'd be worth getting a right angle connector for the ariel then it'd push back a bit further. I pulled the whole stereo carrier forward just by using longer bolts on the 4 fixings, and sticking about 15-20mm of nuts on the bolts between the carrier and where it bolts in to. No problems so far although it was hard work getting the dash back on, i think i pulled the carrier forward a little to far.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

My Midland CB goes in the 2nd DIN slot fine. They do a DIN kit for Midlands and it hooks in nicely.

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X