Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/d Light On Dash

Gday Guys,

When The "o/d Off" Lamp Is Illuminated On The Dash, Does This Meen The O/d Is Off, Or Does Is It Alerting Me To Remember To Turn It Off. The Reason I Ask This Is When The "o/d Off" Lamp Is On The Car Seems To Hold The Gears Longer. It Seems That It Is The Wrong Way Around Or Is It Me.
    BRING ON THE MUD!!!!!

when o/doff is on it means you are not in overdrive.

Comment

So Are You Saying That I Should Drive With The "o/d Light" On My Dash On? Even Though When This Is On The Gears Hold For Longer
      BRING ON THE MUD!!!!!

Comment

I only use overdrive on motorways etc. Around town and other roads I leave it off unless i reach around 60mph where I turn it back on. It sometimes labours the engine if I drive round normal roads with it on.
        It also lets the surf blow some sh*t out of the Injectors and head etc.

Andy

Comment

just leave it on all the time... the only reaso you'd need to use it would be for towing up hill, as it keeps the gearbox from going above 3rd into overdrive. so you can keep the revs up for a bit more tug up hill.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I have a 3.0td I drive with overdrive off light on dash board off. is this right?

Comment

Originally posted by SAMUEL
              I have a 3.0td I drive with overdrive off light on dash board off. is this right?
              yeah, unless you want to stop o/d from engaging, such as towing up hill or for more engine braking going down hill...

Comment

But the light say's ''O/D off'', Surely that means that when that isn't illuminated, that the overdrive is on?!?

Comment

if you think of it as a manual gearbox it would be as follows

1st = 1
                  2nd = 2
                  3rd = D o/d off
                  4th = D o/d on

it makes no difference when driving around town whether it's on or off until you get into 3rd then you'd be wasting fuel driving with the o/d off as it couldn't go above 3rd.

Comment

But the light say's ''O/D off'', Surely that means that when that isn't illuminated, that the overdrive is on?!?
                    yeah... when it's illuminated it's off so you know it won't go into overdrive

Comment

It seems to work other way on my car, When I switch the "O/D off" light off at 60mph, the engine goes up a gear and lowers engine revs?

Comment

It seems to work other way on my car, When I switch the "O/D off" light off at 60mph, the engine goes up a gear and lowers engine revs?
                        yeah, you'll be turning the overdrive on so it will go into "4th" with it off it will stay in 3rd

eg. i can do a maximum of 90mph with o/d off as it's only in 3rd gear

flick the switch and it will change up a gear into 4th and allow me to go faster.

the o/d light is off so it is in normal driving mode
                        when the light is on, then it is showing that it is restricted to 3rd gear and no higher

Comment

Now I understand-Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X