2L-T to 2L-TE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2L-T to 2L-TE

Ok guys and gals. My name is Nick, I live in New Zealand, and Ive only just joined this great site. With that in mind, I'm thinkng I'm about to ask a question thats probably been answered here 100 times before, but here goes. I've recently pulled the 2L-T motor out of my 1990 Hilux Surf and replaced it with a 2L-TE motor. Everything went honkydorey until i began hooking up the wiring and I've found that I'm 5 connectors short, all relating to the injector pump. Now, I know these connections are all required for the pump to operate at its optimum, but what I'd LIKE to know is, Can I thread some new wiring into the existing loom to accomodate this, or does anyone think it would probably be easier to remove the existing loom and replace it with a 2L-TE loom? I think this would include finding and fitting an ECU??? I know an alternative would be to replace the pump with the one from the old motor, but then a manifold changeover would be next and I'd be defeating the purpose of trying to upgrade my motor. Its so frustrating that the removal and refit took only a day and a half, and shes been sitting there for over a week while I've been running around looking for information and connectors to help me with my plight! All to no avail.
    Sorry about the long spiel, but any help from you would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your expert advice.

Still tryin'

Ok guys and gals,
    Seems to me theres no info forthcoming regarding my request so I've decided to take the bull by the horns and have a go at this myself. I have aquired a loom for the 2LTE motor and have both looms hanging side by side so i can make some alterations enabling me to utilize the new one. Unfotunately, the one I've just bought is from an automatic, however, after doing some doctoring (i.e. completely unravelling insulation tape and sheathing and removing unwanted wires and plugs from the new one, or running wires and plugs obtained from the old loom in the new one, and retaping and sheathing), have come up with a loom that accomodates everything under the bonnet. The loom also came with an ECU for a manual g/box and I am now at the stage where I must determine wether to remove th existng glowplug unit altogether, or fabricate a bracket to support the new ECU beside the old one and try to incorporate both units together. Watch this space. Once again if anyone has been here before, any info you may have would still be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Remove the 2L-T ECU and replace with the 2L-TE ECU. The 2L-TE will have a Crank Sensor and a block Coolant Sensor so make sure these are connected as well or the pump will not operate correctly.

Nev

Comment

Working...
      X