CD player probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD player probs

The cd player in my 1997 surf will not play any of my cds. I know its working because there was a disc left in it when I picked it up that plays perfectly well (if you like funky house), but when I put in my discs I get a message on screen in japaneese and it wont play. Its a kvn5060 unit. Any ideas?
    The truth is out there - The lies are in your head

don't know why, but a few people have had problem's playing uk cds in japanese units, like i say no idea why as i thought cd's were the same the world over, just seen a few posts about this recently
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

I think all the ones from Japan are rubbish. I have an Eclipse double din c.d and minidisc player. Half the time it just ejects the disc straight out, quarter of the time info 3 comes up on the display and nothing else and the final quarter is when the disc plays. But it wont play any of my own recorded c.d's. So thats how i got my conclusion, they are all rubbish. Oh yeah, and it wont play any minidisc i put it either.

Comment

why don't you get them serviced at your local ice dealers, they'll take them out and clean/grease like new.

double din cd players are frigging pricey,even old ones, i sold my old toyota double din on ebay and it got well over £100 for it (126 i think)

proberbly charge around the £50 but it will be cheaper than getting a new double din

my one cost £850 (kenwood ddx6029), only had it 6 months and it is back in menders (under warranty) cos it wont spit out cd's.

big hole in my dash + no tunes = dry...
        Last edited by huff_diggler; 31 March 2007, 19:10. Reason: read avatar
        The benchmark....

Comment

O.K.,by mucking about with tthe controls I got it to play pre recorded cds but not ones I'd done myself. Think I'll use the optic cleaning disc next. Thanks folks

Comment

its fairly easy to fit a single din unit all you need to get is a blanking tray ie coin or cd tray to fill in the gap use the brackets from your old cd unit and screw them on to your new one with the blanking tray and bolt the whole lot back i got one of these trys from halford of alll places and it was marked 4runner/ surf for about £7 plus 100quid for no to bad single din cd

Comment

Given in with jap system, going to install mosca089 and din pocket. This has a usb connector for flash drive so I dont need to change cds which is useful as I only have limited use of left arm. Who needs tv and jap satnav anyway

Comment

Originally posted by huff_diggler

double din cd players are frigging pricey,even old ones, i sold my old toyota double din on ebay and it got well over £100 for it (126 i think)

I wish I'd known that 2 years ago. I launched my double din toyota one in the bin.

& the double din kenwood one that was in the wife's went to a yoof club (who proceeded to wire it up wrong)

Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

O.K. next question - I have scoured the site for info on getting the player out of a 1997 surf, and although there are plenty of instructions for pre 95 models, I have drawn a blank. Can anyone enlighten me- or is it so obvious that I am just being thick

Comment

It's all here http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq_interior.htm#stereo_change

Comment

That looks straight forward, cheers

Comment

CD Players for Surf KZN130W

Can anyone help me to choose one that will fit - reading the thread it seems that a double din will fit or a single din with a blanking plate from halfords - is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by jerryhooper
                          Can anyone help me to choose one that will fit - reading the thread it seems that a double din will fit or a single din with a blanking plate from halfords - is this correct?
                          that is correct Jerry
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                          X