My Amplifier is a biff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Amplifier is a biff.

Hi guys. I have a bass box in my boot and a GTO 2000 amp powering it.

I have been using it without incident for about 2 months now until the other day it turned itself off. I figured a burnt fuse (25 silver one in the amp itself) and I was right, so I went to Halfords and bought replacements. The first fuse I put in died straight away so I replaced that one again......

The amp then fired up fine but works intermittently i.e. works for a second then dies, comes on again a second later for a second then dies... rinse and repeat.

Does this sound like the amp is faulty or just the fuse holder which has a screw I could tighten up with.....

Whaddya reckon?
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Tighten the fuse holder like you said first, if that cures it, theres your problem. If not, take it back to the shop for a new unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof
      Hi guys. I have a bass box in my boot and a GTO 2000 amp powering it.

I have been using it without incident for about 2 months now until the other day it turned itself off. I figured a burnt fuse (25 silver one in the amp itself) and I was right, so I went to Halfords and bought replacements. The first fuse I put in died straight away so I replaced that one again......

The amp then fired up fine but works intermittently i.e. works for a second then dies, comes on again a second later for a second then dies... rinse and repeat.

Does this sound like the amp is faulty or just the fuse holder which has a screw I could tighten up with.....

Whaddya reckon?
      check, double check and then check again that the output cables (to the speakers) are connected soundly, some amps will self protect if the correct load is not accross the output.

Also check the earth lead
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Ok guys, many thanks.

I will do that, taking the isolator fuse out first of ourse.....

I can't take it back as I bought it on EBAY but as I said it has worked fine for nearly two months now.

Fu Manchu just doesn't sound the same through the two front speakers even though they are gooduns....

Comment

if i was you i would check not just the speaker and the earth but all of them, try the one that goes to the stereo, normally a blue one

Comment

Ok will do. WIll get backto yall later.

TTFN.

Comment

Working...
            X