Squeaks,Buzzer & Bells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaks,Buzzer & Bells

I have just bought a 92 Surf LN130 2.4 TD auto.
    Can anyone tell me how I can silence the stupid warning squeaks, bells & buzzers that are driving me nuts? I’m not all that bright but I know when I’ve selected reverse as I go backwards. I have worked out a way of knowing if I’ve left the key in the ignition as I find I can’t lock the door. I’ve also noticed this glow that comes from all four corners that reminds me if I forget to turn the lights off.
    Regards to all David
    Last edited by Weston Dave; 21 March 2007, 23:35.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing

Think yourself lucky! you've got to consider all the blind drivers out there that cant see that they left there lights on and when they loose their keys they will know to look in the ignition first with that buzzer!!!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by Weston Dave
      Can anyone tell me how I can silence the stupid warning squeaks, bells & buzzers that are driving me nuts? I’m not all that bright but I know when I’ve selected reverse as I go backwards. I have worked out a way of knowing if I’ve left the key in the ignition as I find I can’t lock the door. I’ve also noticed this glow that comes from all four corners that reminds me if I forget to turn the lights off.
      Regards to all David
      There are some worse off than you, some of the earlier trucks had speed bells too
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Weston Dave
        Regards to all David

Here's how to kill one of them........

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/chimes.htm

Comment

re Squeaks, Buzzer & Bells

Thanks guys for your comments. Particular thanks to Bushwhacker. Haven’t had time to try yet but I’m a hoping.
          A little learning is a dangerous thing

Comment

I thought I'd just dig up this old thread, instead of starting a new one

Basically, I just want to shut up the stupid chime when you open the door with the keys in the ignition. I looked on the link above ^ but the picture isn't very clear, and I'm not too confident with wires. Can someone tell me if just locating and removing the chimy thing will work?

Comment

Originally posted by bimmaman View Post
              I thought I'd just dig up this old thread, instead of starting a new one

Basically, I just want to shut up the stupid chime when you open the door with the keys in the ignition. I looked on the link above ^ but the picture isn't very clear, and I'm not too confident with wires. Can someone tell me if just locating and removing the chimy thing will work?
              Behind the panel next to the bottom door hinge there's a red wire with a white stripe. This is the interior light switch, just unplug it to stop the chime. Although you will now have no interior light.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                Behind the panel next to the bottom door hinge there's a red wire with a white stripe. This is the interior light switch, just unplug it to stop the chime. Although you will now have no interior light.
                Nah, I need light... I think I'm just gonna stick a screwdriver in it lol...

... If I can just find the damned thing...

Comment

I quite like the buzzer on the reverse. It's remarkably easy to accidentally select reverse instead of drive, I've done it on other vehicles. This buzzer is a great idea. The one to tell you the key is in the ignition is a bit annoying though.

Comment

I too quite like the reversing alarm, although it doesn't seem to stop me from going backwards when I should be going forwards! Twice now I have reversed by accident. Just lucky that no one has been behind me lol.

Anyways, I had a look, and couldn't see where that damn noice was coming from (sounds like its from the speed control box in the kick panel), so I'm gonna have a go at cutting the wire as described in that link.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy View Post
                      Think yourself lucky! you've got to consider all the blind drivers out there that cant see that they left there lights on and when they loose their keys they will know to look in the ignition first with that buzzer!!!
                      So how does that work? do they have a waving white stick fixed to the front of the car or what? or maybe a guide dog that can tell them when to go, when to stop & when to turn & in what direction.

I've only ever seen one blind driver & he was delivering venetian, vertical & roller blinds
                      I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

Working...
                      X