X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Disconnection

Hi All,

Hilux Surf 2.4TD

After the battery has been disconnected for some time once re-connected does anything have to be reset, If so what and how.

Thanks

Only the clock as far as I know

I have seen mumblings about the ECU (If you have one) but I have not seen any evidence to say that this is the case.

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by dudy155
      Hi All,

Hilux Surf 2.4TD

After the battery has been disconnected for some time once re-connected does anything have to be reset, If so what and how.

Thanks
      The ecu should be ok - as rich said, the clock will need resetting
      NO WORRIES!
      Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rich
        Only the clock as far as I know

I have seen mumblings about the ECU (If you have one) but I have not seen any evidence to say that this is the case.

Rich.
        It resets the ECU to factory settings, it might take a few days to relearn the engines idiosyncrasies (big word huh! or worn bits to make it simpler )
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          It resets the ECU to factory settings, it might take a few days to relearn the engines idiosyncrasies (big word huh! or worn bits to make it simpler )
          That makes sense, the mumblings were about needing to reset it after disconecting the batt's - a bit confused me thinks!
          If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
          X