Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument Cluster from a 4Runner for my Hilux

Hi all!

I´m new in the forum and i´m from austria, so i apologise for my possibly bad english first!

I´ve a little problem by changin the instrument cluster from my hilux (1992, doublecab, solid axles front/rear, 2L engine) into the cluster from a 4Runner.

I buid such a cluster from a 90th 4Runner short time ago.
    Unfortunately within the change i had to determine that my hilux has a electrical speedometer signal and the speedometer from the older Runner was headed mechanical. However, i connected all the plugs (for test purposes) and all the little "gimmicks" (T-Belt, oilpressure, headers, handbreak, fuel-crontrol, temperature, voltmeter) where functionig well. So the change should make no further problem.
    Only the speedo and the tacho were staying calm.

From which 4Runner must i take the cluster? Please can anyone confirm?

Thanks
    Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm from Italy...Also my English is not perfect! Sorry!

Do you still have the HiLux Double Cab of the '92?
    I am looking for the dashboard with the tacho but I don't succeed in finding it.

If you want to sell it tell me how much coast.

Thank You,

Mario

Comment

Generally 89/90' Surfs had a cable, and 91-95' Surfs are electronic. The change over year is a little vauge, but if the truck is EFI, its seems be electronic.

UK 4Runner's where only sold from 93-95', not sure about the rest of Europe. I have a V6 petrol one here ATM and it has a electronic speedo.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Generally 89/90' Surfs had a cable, and 91-95' Surfs are electronic. The change over year is a little vauge, but if the truck is EFI, its seems be electronic.

UK 4Runner's where only sold from 93-95', not sure about the rest of Europe. I have a V6 petrol one here ATM and it has a electronic speedo.
        And just to confuse the issue i'm EFI but cable driven speedo
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

FEB 2004 ??? I reckon our Austrian friend gave up on a reply long ago. Still beter late than never , I wonder if he,ll actually read the response

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
            FEB 2004 ??? I reckon our Austrian friend gave up on a reply long ago. Still beter late than never , I wonder if he,ll actually read the response

Bogus
            It's the time difference!!!
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
            X