winch bar is live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winch bar is live

hi all i have got a right problem my winch bar is live. 2day i made a L shape brace to bolt the fairhead roller to the winch bar and when i went to bolt it down the sparks started to fly all the wires are in the right place to the winch and there are no chafted wires tuchinc the winch bar or anything else??????

Nice Anti Theft DEVICE
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

check polarity again, must be wrong wires somewhere.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

have checked polarity six times o the winch is working fine reals in and out ok
        Last edited by jeff_2k7; 3 March 2007, 23:53.

Comment

It's still most probably wired incorrectly. Possibly a faulty unit, but double check the wiring. That bracket you've made. Have you bolted it to the winch housing? If so, have you used too long a bolt?

Comment

all beter know

went back up to my mates farm is morning with a fresh set of eyes and hay presto the neg terminal on the winch was to big and was touching the outer case of the motor so i filled it down and bolted it all down and it is working then i had a cuple of practices runs with it just got to get it to a place and get boged down with 2500kgs more than i nead in pulling it out should be no probs

Comment

Glad to hear you found the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X