yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indicators and Hazards suddenly packed up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicators and Hazards suddenly packed up!

Hi,
    This is my first post because it is the first time I have had a problem with my 2.4TD pickup. I know it is not a surf, but I hope you won't hold that against me!
    Two days ago the indicators started working intermittently, and have now stopped altogether, as have the hazard lights. I have checked the fuses, and they are all OK. I suspected the towing electrics, and they were pretty rusty and dirty, so I replaced the plug with a shiny new one. None of these solved the problem, so I now suspect a relay, but can't seem to see one.
    Can anybody help me with some prior knowledge please?

Sounds like the flasher unit or relay has packed in. They're up behind the dash clocks if I remember.

Comment

Thanks Bushwhacker.
      Looks like a trip to the garage using hand signals. I don't really fancy pulling the dash apart. Probably do more harm than good!

Comment

Another possibility, though less likely, is the hazard switch itself.

Comment

Hi MattF,
          Thanks for the reply. I did go as far as prising out the switch, but frankly it didn't look like something I'd want to fiddle with. Does it have an easy snap - fit replacement option do you know?
          This forum is a great resource by the way. I really appreciate the help.

Comment

I'd just try your local scr@ppers first, and see if they have any Toyota's with relays/switches that seem similar.

Comment

I am assuming that the hazzard switch is wired to a relay to allow both sides to operate without actually causing a permanent loop. If this i so where is the said relay? The reason i ask is in relation to an earlier thread i started (http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...te+entry)where i was trying to get my indicators to flash with the remote entry system i fitted, only problem was the unit only had one wire coming from it to attach to the lights. If i attach this wire to the supply to the coil on the relay, All four indicators should flash.
              Last edited by Antshiel; 24 February 2007, 22:19.
              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Hi Antshiel,
                Did you go guddling around behind the dashboard? If so, any tips for getting access to the relay, I'm considering having a go myself......possibly famous last words!

Comment

Could be wrong, but I think it's somewhere around the steering column/speaker area.

Comment

Thanks MattF,
                    Do you perchance know [U]how[U]to access behind the dashboard? A cursory look from behind the wheel reveals no visible screws etc. Am I letting myself in for a world of hurt?
                    Aye
                    TooBadJim

Comment

Working...
                    X