how do i get into

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i get into

how do i get into the back of the fag lighter as i fitted a cb yesterday i fixed the cb to the side of gear stick consoul and i removed the bottom trim just under the fag lighter and i cant see the wiring for the fag lighter
    Last edited by jeff_2k7; 11 February 2007, 12:35.

Hi Jeff. just noticed you were from Ayrshire so thats another Scottish Surfer to add to the list

I just used the cig lighter to connect my CB,used an old mobile charger cut off and joined the CB to it and it works fine
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

thanks

hay scotish and you have the same surmame to

Comment

You can access the rear of the cig lighter socket from above, so it probably means whipping the stereo out. I'd just run a fused live from the engine bay and distribute it through a fuse block inside if I were you. You're not limited to the igniton being on or only having one available feed for future projects that way.

Comment

thanks mat what i have dun is i ended up just puting a plug on it to get power from the fag lighter looks a bit naf but i have still to fit a cd player so when i find a blanking plate or cubie hole to fill the gap i wll plumb the cb to the back o the fag lighterthen and it will ace again

Comment

all dun

i bought a new cd player last and fited it at the weekend and while i had the dash out i ran the cb off the fag lighter and the sound is

Comment

Nice one. That fag lighter's a doddle to reach from above, ain't it.

Comment

yip it was a doddle but bumped the mike plug when i was puting the dash back and had to drop the mike in to the rig doctor at junction 42 m6 hope i dont do it agan as this is my last week on distance as my boss is puting the wagan on local contaner work

Comment

Working...
                X