Horns, what relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horns, what relays

What relays do you reccon i should use for those Sangor horns? do the original horns run through a relay?, and do you think these will be OK running on the original wireing, as you can see thier heafty things and the insides look like a WW11 radio set, was thinking a 30amp would do the two but would like em to work on the original horn push, cheers for any info
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by ian619
    What relays do you reccon i should use for those Sangor horns? do the original horns run through a relay?, and do you think these will be OK running on the original wireing, as you can see thier heafty things and the insides look like a WW11 radio set, was thinking a 30amp would do the two but would like em to work on the original horn push, cheers for any info
    Hi Ian, my horns came with a relay, I left the old ones connected and teed off their power line to for the switch line in the relay.

For tooting at friends the standard Toyota "Parps" fire up, for waking French Lorry Drivers the airhorns do the biz

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

With regards to auto relays, I always use the 50A ones. If they draw more than that, you'll have fun in more than one department. Connect up as Trev mentioned, taking the relay feed from the existing horn feed, and just experiment with fuses. I'd start at 10A and work upwards if it blows.

Comment

Cheers guys, wanted really to use these horns to replace the old ones, i'll do some traceing of wires, as you say, Cheers Ian

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
          Cheers guys, wanted really to use these horns to replace the old ones, i'll do some traceing of wires, as you say, Cheers Ian
          All you've got to do then is disconnect the other horns and use the existing feed wire to switch the relay. Wouldn't use the existing horn feed to supply the new horns directly as it's only about 1mm cable, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            All you've got to do then is disconnect the other horns and use the existing feed wire to switch the relay. Wouldn't use the existing horn feed to supply the new horns directly as it's only about 1mm cable, I think.
            OK mate i'll do that, i need to get a couple of 30amp relays for the roof lights so i'll order a 50amp as well, be on the safe side, i'm sticking em on the roof light bar, cant find anywhere on the front and i'm blinging em up too much to hide em under the bonnet

Comment

Working...
            X