yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed for speakers / amps etc.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for speakers / amps etc.....

Hi, I think I posted this in the wrong section before so I have duplicated it here.

Ok guys. Here is my latest thread regarding my speaker cabinet enquiry.

I have bought this cd player

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...tegoryrn_31445

and am getting it fitted tomorrow for £10 at Halfords (special offer). This is where the tricky bit begins (at least 'I' think it's tricky). I assume this stereo will power up the 4 existing in-car speakers right? Ok then, in addition to this I will have a speaker cabinet made incorporating some old guitar speakers (2 x 35 watt 10 inch speakers which came from the same Laney 2 x 10 cabinet - and 1 x 15 inch 200 watt bass speaker from a Trace Elliott bass amp).

I am getting a box made for these speakers by my Dad who is a bit of a DIY enthusiast and has all the gear to make a large wooden box for them to sit fluch in (I want this to be fixed permantently to the floor in the boot space), I am also getting a steel cage to fit over the speaker cabinet which again I want to be fixed to the floor of the boot space. This is to provide secirity and also so that I can still use the boot to store stuff without destroying the speakers by resting stuff directly on top.

Ok then, there are my requirements but I have a few questions.

1. How big do you think I will have to make the speaker cabinet? (the one I am getting my dad to make).
    2. How big will the steel cage have to be to slot over it?
    3. How can I fix it to the floor of the boot space?
    4. If I have to buy an amplifier to power these speakers, which one should I buy and what should I do with it?
    5. Will all this fit in the boot space anyway i.e. How big would the box be? What design should I make it? All three speakers in a line or make them into a triangle (one long speaker cab or a more square one?).

Your help would be appreciated.

J.
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Sorry, can't help. I'd rather listen to what the engine is doing, always have done in all my cars.

Comment

LOL!!! No worries mate.

Anyone on here an expert in these matters?

Comment

An install here....
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ht=ice+install

Comment

Very nice. I have messaged him.

Mine will be a three speakers in a triangle... facing upwards in a wodden cabinet, covered by a steel frame (my girlfriend runs a family owned steel fabricator business :o)....)

Comment

If i were you i would not use the guitar/bass speakers they are all set up different and it would sound awful! i wouldnt dream of using my guitar speaker cabinet for in car use... especially when speakers are so cheap nowadays! buy some 6x9's and mount them in the sides of the truck (many forum members use that set up) and then just buy a sub and box and amp package for about £60-£70 and your sound will be a million times better....if you even need a subwoofer. Also to consider is if your cd player is being fitted tomorrow, to run any of those speakers you will need a powerful amplifier which needs to be plugged into the back of the head unit! so its pointless having a cd player fitted and then ripping it all out later to fit an amp!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Sorry, can't help. I'd rather listen to what the engine is doing, always have done in all my cars.
              I'm not the only one, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof
                Your help would be appreciated.
                There is no simple advice for creating speaker enclosures. You have two options.

1) Suck it and see. (Stop it you lot).

2) Do it by the book and do all the equations to work out the perfect enclosure dimensions and port diameter(s).

Number 1 works well enough in most cases.

Comment

suck what and see matt????
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                    suck what and see matt????
                    There's always one.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      There's always one.
                      what,i only asked a question.
                      www.overfab.uk