No announcement yet.

New Speaker / Audio system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. Well, how much (on average) should I expect to be charged for having a new stereo fitted (already have one) with 4 new speakers and a bass wooker (Can I have my old 15 inch 250 watt bass guitar amp speaker fitted instead)?

Where should I put the woofer speaker? In the floor?

Jon.
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment

I meant 'woofer' by the way LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorhoof
        Cool. Well, how much (on average) should I expect to be charged for having a new stereo fitted (already have one) with 4 new speakers and a bass wooker (Can I have my old 15 inch 250 watt bass guitar amp speaker fitted instead)?

Where should I put the woofer speaker? In the floor?

Jon.
        all depends on your budget regarding speakers etc....i dont see why your old bass amp speaker couldnt be used but you can pick up amp/sub combos so cheap nowadays you might be better off buying a kit rather then bits to use your speaker...the prices are £149.99 and £129.99 for the speakers ive actually got but i cant tell you if they are any good cuz i aint fitted them yet!
        check out www.caraudiodirect.com some good prices on there!
        About fitting the stereo... i think halfords do a fitting for £40 but with some screwdivers and a socket set you could probably manage it yourself with codlords guide

Comment

I used the origional front speakers and the ones fitted by previous owner in the rear load area (to be replaced soon by 6"x9") 4 x 45 watt head unit,a 450 watt amp and a sub woofer mounted in the rear load area. Amp and cd changer in the rear cubby boxes. out of sight.

Seems to work reasonably well considering most of it was s/hand, and a mate installed it. Total cost £100.00---bargain I thought!

I would think a pro install would cost in the region of £200-£300 depending how complex you want to get.
          Last edited by plumb bob; 8 February 2007, 19:25.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Your bass amp speaker will run 8ohms impedance, you could run a pair of them in parrallel as car amps will normally only be 1,2 or 4ohm stable. There are a few 8ohm stable amps about. But like someones already said you could get a decent package deal reasonably priced. try www.caraudiosecurity.com or www.bass-junkies.com
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

my trucks sound system,consist of a jbl 1200watt 4channel amps.up front i have a jvc cd head unit,two alpine component speakers systems,the main drive units sit under the dash along with the crossovers while the tweeters sit in the A and B pillars the amp is bolted to the rear of the back seats. this powers two massive pioneer 10"component speakers,which i have managed to fit in the rear after cutting alot of metal about.and the head unit powers the two front component systems,the inside of the truck body has been covered in dynomat.which i think is amust to get the best out of any sound system.if your gonna play music play it loud.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

you can fit speakers in the front doors also but they have to have a low profile as the only space suitable has the door stop pass behind it

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...770#post267770

ANy thoughts guys?

Comment

Working...
                  X