Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Aerial not extending.

Hi everyone.

Firstly, I am absolutely made up to have found this site. I am having my car serviced as we speak and up to now they are charging me £231 inc VAT (full service and front brake pads). They are looking at an oil leak too. I am new to the world of 4x4, my previous cars were (in this order) VW Golf TDI, Mondeo TDI, Nissan Almera , Nissan Micra .

Only had my K reg Hilux Surf SSR-X for 2 days (bought it off some dodgy looking fella in Warrington for £1400 (93K on clock) but there are a few of things I would like advice on.

Firstly - switches in door (i.e. where arm rest is) aren't lit when in 'night-mode' when all other lights are on. The switches are very dim in the arm rest area.

Secondly - When I turn the radio on the aerial antenae doesn't extend so I cannot listen to radio . I beleive the motor isn't wired up, is this a big job?

Thirdly - overhead reading lights do not work at all, in any position.

Fourthly - how do I open the rear door (boot?). I can wind the rear wind screen down (don'e this by accident the other day) but I can't work out how to actually open the boot LOL!!!! The guy who sold me it did it but I forgot now *blush*.

Any advice would be much appreciated, once again - really made up to have found this site.

Thanks.

Jon.
    www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Hi and welcome.If you take the plastic liner from the wheel arch then you will see the aerial and the connector

when the rear window is down you will see a lock button and the handle is in the top centre of the tailgate

blown bulbs any chance in the lights or a wire or dirty connectors
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Firstly - switches in door (i.e. where arm rest is) aren't lit when in 'night-mode' when all other lights are on. The switches are very dim in the arm rest area.
      There are lights in the switches, but they are so dim, Toyota shouldn't have bothered.

Secondly - When I turn the radio on the aerial antenae doesn't extend so I cannot listen to radio . I beleive the motor isn't wired up, is this a big job?
      Sounds like the antenna hasn't been connected to the stereo. http://installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

Thirdly - overhead reading lights do not work at all, in any position.
      Bulbs gone?

Fourthly - how do I open the rear door (boot?). I can wind the rear wind screen down (don'e this by accident the other day) but I can't work out how to actually open the boot LOL!!!! The guy who sold me it did it but I forgot now *blush*.
      Inside the tailgate there is a lock button that you pull up so that you can open the tailgate. The button automatically locks (goes down) when the window is raised.
      Any advice would be much appreciated, once again - really made up to have found this site.

Comment

Ok guys, many thanks.

I will have a butchers at this later.

Jon.
        www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment

Working...
        X