Fitting stereo in 3rd gen SSR-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting stereo in 3rd gen SSR-X

Hi. Just bought Lash's 3rd gen Surf SSR-X however the stereo is pretty out dated, how easy is it to remove and is there some sort of adapter plate that I can fit that will allow me to fit a regular size stereo? also is there a way of disabeling the front passenger air bag so I can get a baby car seat in the front, would it be easy to fit a switch so it can be turned on and off from inside the car? any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...t=IMG_0783.jpg

WARNING if you want to touch AIRBAGS disconnect your battery for a good few Hours. A new stereo should fit in the existing cage.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Have a look here for stereo removal (note i did not have to remove gear knobs)
      http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=75276
      (\__/)
      (")_(")

Comment

sorry m8 - you can't turn off the passenger airbag. If you do put in a swithch of sime kind disabling power to the passenger airbag sensor you'll find that your insurance will be invalidated.

I'm not sure if on some of the very latest 3rd gens (1999 on) that Toyota didn't out a keyhoe type thing on the passenger side dash to disable the passenger airbag. You could try asking toyota if they fit it aftermarket but don't hold you breath.

If not, you shouldn't put a rear facing baby seat in the front

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

My 1999 3rd GEN does'nt have the option to disable it
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Working...