Re-wire for speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-wire for speedo

I have a break in the pulse wire for my speedo. The wire goes from the speedo to the ECU then up to the dash. Is it safe to run a new wire direct from the transponder to the dash bypassing the ECU? Do any of the wires change colour between the transponder and the dash?

Thanks for any advice and help.

Originally posted by Seadog
    I have a break in the pulse wire for my speedo. The wire goes from the speedo to the ECU then up to the dash. Is it safe to run a new wire direct from the transponder to the dash bypassing the ECU? Do any of the wires change colour between the transponder and the dash?

try this link http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surfpictures/Techy.htm for the wiring diagrams, I would assume that the pulse needs to go to the ecu for the electronic fueling, it also probably takes the auto transmission signal from the same place.
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by Seadog

Hello mate how do you know you have abreak in the wire? Has the speedo stopped working?
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Thanks for the link to the wiring diagrams. Unfourtunately they do not show the section that I need, it also has a live at the transponder. Any more advise would be appreciated so i can get the speedo working again. If it is any help the odemeter doesn't work either (so at least i'm not putting milage on the truck).

Comment

how did u get on

Hi, how did you get on with this, the same has happened to me, what did you have to do in the end. Cheers for any update

Comment

Working...
          X