X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andycook
    Many thanks for your help peeps!

it turned out to be the contacts on the control stalk,
    i dont have a fine file, so used blade of a screwdriver to s$$$$e the contacts to clean them. I will get a file and do a better job in the future,
    but have main beam back on headlights now!

why the spots worked fine - who knows! must have been a resistance thing as dave.j.robbo suggested!

anyway, cheers for your help again, much appreciated

The spotlights take thier power directly from the battery, the headlight stalk switch just sends the 'trigger' to the relay to switch the spots on. If the stalk switch turned the spots on and off by itself, the switch would soon melt!

Comment

Cleaning contacts

Hi, have a similar problem. Removed the cowl around the steering column and now wondering if I have to remove the steering wheel to clean up the contacts. If so, beyond removing the centre nut of the steering wheel, I guess I need a puller to avoid damage to the splines.
      Thanks in advance for the replies....

Originally posted by andycook
      Many thanks for your help peeps!

it turned out to be the contacts on the control stalk,
      i dont have a fine file, so used blade of a screwdriver to s$$$$e the contacts to clean them. I will get a file and do a better job in the future,
      but have main beam back on headlights now!

why the spots worked fine - who knows! must have been a resistance thing as dave.j.robbo suggested!

anyway, cheers for your help again, much appreciated

Comment

Remove the centre piece from the steering wheel carefuly, Look for the screws then it will just lift off. Contacts are under there.
        Steering wheel doesnt need a puller, Remove nut then give it a tug & it will fly off in ya face so be CAREFUL
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          Steering wheel doesnt need a puller, Remove nut then give it a tug & it will fly off in ya face so be CAREFUL
          When removing steering wheels without a puller, loosen nut most of the way, but leave it about 3 threads on, that way when you tug on it to loosen it, it can't hit you.
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
          X