New Battery Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Battery Needed

Looks like i need a new battery for my 3rd gen surf.
    She was VERY slow to turn over today
    So a few questions please.

1] What size battery is standard ?
    2] Is there any where online that does them ?
    3] Can they be posted anyway ?
    4] Whats the rough price of a good HD battery ?
    5] If there is no online source can anyone recommend
    a cheap place in South Wales Newport area ?

All the best
    Cheers
    Conker
    [center] [/center]

Originally posted by Conker

1. No idea......get the biggest thing that will go in the tray!!!, I've got TWO like that!!

2. Use a search engine ( Google is good ) and look for Exide, Century, Yuasa any of them will give you some answers

3. Don't know about the U.K but here no

4. Lots, we pay about $150NZ, $80US

5. I have no idea where you live
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

I know the place seems as popular as a t*rd in a swimming pool, but I recommend the largest Halfords CALCIUM battery that will fit. Capacity is about 35% greater than standard wet cell, less affected by cold, and when I got some for my lorry they had a 5 year guarantee.
      Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by adrianrdaw
        I know the place seems as popular as a t*rd in a swimming pool, but I recommend the largest Halfords CALCIUM battery that will fit. Capacity is about 35% greater than standard wet cell, less affected by cold, and when I got some for my lorry they had a 5 year guarantee.
        Good Luck!
        Thanks for the advice m8 I will try and get down to Halfords on Sunday.

Conker
        [center] [/center]

Comment

Looks like i need a new battery for my 3rd gen surf.
          She was VERY slow to turn over today
          So a few questions please.

All the best
          Cheers
          Conker
          Before you change the battery, check the battery acid level, then give it a couple of bataids per cell. Recovered my batteries like that and "touching wood a lot" I haven't had a problem in 6 months.

If it don't work then Optima Red tops are the business as well as Exide Maxima.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
            Before you change the battery, check the battery acid level, then give it a couple of bataids per cell. Recovered my batteries like that and "touching wood a lot" I haven't had a problem in 6 months.

If it don't work then Optima Red tops are the business as well as Exide Maxima.

Cheers
            I plan on keeping her for a while so I got no problem with putting a good battery on.
            Nothing worse that getting up in the morning wondering if it will start.
            Any idea on costs ?
            I have never bought a big diesel battery before I guess I won`t get much change from £70 .
            Is that about right ?
            Cheers
            Conker
            [center] [/center]

Comment

I plan on keeping her for a while so I got no problem with putting a good battery on.
              Nothing worse that getting up in the morning wondering if it will start.
              Any idea on costs ?
              I have never bought a big diesel battery before I guess I won`t get much change from £70 .
              Is that about right ?
              Cheers
              Conker
              Yep reckon on anything from £50 upwards. The Optimas run to about £160 and similar for the Exide Maxima. A good farm equipment shop may be able to supply a decent battery at a lower price. One thing with the Exide or Optima, you could get away with one battery and use the other space for a leisure battery (either another Optima (blue Top) or one from a caravan supplier), then fit a split charging system and you have a good starting battery plus one to run other things such as the lights, fridge, cooker, winch etc etc.

All this will cost big bucks but set you up with a really usefull rig.

However to answer the question, budget for £100 - £150 for two decent batteries and you shouldn't go far wrong.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                Yep reckon on anything from £50 upwards. The Optimas run to about £160 and similar for the Exide Maxima. A good farm equipment shop may be able to supply a decent battery at a lower price. One thing with the Exide or Optima, you could get away with one battery and use the other space for a leisure battery (either another Optima (blue Top) or one from a caravan supplier), then fit a split charging system and you have a good starting battery plus one to run other things such as the lights, fridge, cooker, winch etc etc.

All this will cost big bucks but set you up with a really usefull rig.

However to answer the question, budget for £100 - £150 for two decent batteries and you shouldn't go far wrong.

Cheers
                My 3rd gen only has one battery so thats better for the wallet
                Thanks again I will track one down over the weekend.

Kev
                [center] [/center]

Comment

new battery

fitted a new battery about 2 months ago
                  £25 quid from EK Breaks in blackpool (they are a motor trade supplier) check if they have a branch near you
                  note which side you need as they are different

Comment

My 3rd gen only has one battery so thats better for the wallet
                    Thanks again I will track one down over the weekend.

Kev
                    if you have a jcb place near you they do excellent batteries, price is good as well
                    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                    [size=5][/size]
                    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
                    X