Stereos and all that !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereos and all that !!!!!

Just picked up my first 92 ssr-g love it!

But that stereo has to go guys so I just need a full brake down of what Im gonna need to fit my single din Kenwood head unit in. ie.... Facia adapters and there model numbers, harness adapters and there model numbers and anything else I might need before I start taking it all apart..

cheers guys and girls....

Eliot

No facias required you will be glad to know but you will need a harness adapter, halfords do one its the same as the mojority of brit toyotas but I cant remember the part no. Fitting involves removal of the centre console which is a pain in the proverbial. Search on stereo and you might find some pointers. If yuors has a double DIN head unit it may be more difficult as you will need the blanking plate. Good luck.

Ian
    Objects in the rear view mirror are losing

Comment

Cheers for that mate, but its the blanking plate that I really need to know about as it has a double din stereo??

Comment

Probably your best bet is to find a scrapper with a single din stereo. Your cage sould be able to accomodate your stereo and its just a tray that goes in underneath. Ther is a couple of surfs in a scrappy near me which might have the single din unit or you could try streetluge chris on here.

Ian
        Objects in the rear view mirror are losing

Comment

Originally posted by Surf Bum

But that stereo has to go guys so I just need a full brake down of what Im gonna need to fit my single din Kenwood head unit in. ie.... Facia adapters and there model numbers, harness adapters and there model numbers and anything else I might need before I start taking it all apart..

Eliot
          halfords, cd player & cubby box, universal type as in photo
          Attached Files
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Eliot
            Have a look here http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...PDF/869017.pdf if you need any greater detail on the removal/refit and wiring details.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

"halfords, cd player & cubby box, universal type as in photo"

Gemini will that box hold my head unit up or is there a whole facia surround and does my standard Kenwood metal cage hold in place with just that box below it ?? got to ask before I start stripping that dash ?

Cheers again people

Comment

"halfords, cd player & cubby box, universal type as in photo"

Gemini will that box hold my head unit up or is there a whole facia surround and does my standard Kenwood metal cage hold in place with just that box below it ?? got to ask before I start stripping that dash ?

Cheers again people
                The Standard bracket is a double DIN size with loads of holes in to mount the head unit and the cubby box. A lot of the Surfs come into the country with 2 single din units in, top holes mount the head unit and bottom holes mount the cubby box, no mods needed, just put the screws in and put it back together. The only thing on some Stereos is that their facias foul the console / radio surround and sometimes you need to do some trimming.

Cheers

Comment

Nice one Andy, does the halfords type universal cubby box need to have holes in the sides to fix the mounting brackets into, and also if heard talk of a factory fitted amp that some surfs have how do I tell if I have one ?

Comment

Easy

m8 its easy go halfords but universal pocket and wiring harness thats all you need the pocket comes with the side connectors to fit the cage wich double din comes out of all really easy and when you take it apart you will see i done mine complete in under an hour and looks spot on
                    black n tan
                    black n tan
                    yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Nice one guys got it all done this morning looks and works great, took a couple of hours but well worth it..

Thanks again everyone

Comment

won't want a pic of how to get it out then?
                        Attached Files
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

lol yeah one prob is cant get that plastic surround that my Kenwood came with on now its fitted in ????

bugger

Comment

lol yeah one prob is cant get that plastic surround that my Kenwood came with on now its fitted in ????

bugger
                            nah, but you don't need it as that's just to cover the edges of the cage.
                            the kenwood should fit quite nicely into the dash slot.
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                            X