Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of power

How you doing?

I have a 2.4 TD Hilux which is a great starter, however I jumped into it the other day and the batteries were just about flat. It turned over and just started, next morning no juice left in the battery at all and I noticed that the dinging noice to tell you that you have left the lights on started when the drivers door was open and the key was in the ignition. I checked all the lights and switches but nothing was left on. I jumped it and ran for a hour after which it I got a bit of juice back and it started OK. Left it overnight and the same thing again.

It looks as though something is on which is draining the battery and providing the noise at the ignition but I can't for the life of me find out what it is. Anybody had a similar issue or got any ideas about how to find out what it is?

Cheers for any help in advance.

Key in ignition with door open is a ding, ding sound. Lights on door open is a continuous beep on the Surf so may be the same for your vehicle.

Time to check alternator output and if this is ok then check battery terminals and earth points. Finally have the battery/s load tested as one or both may be dying.

Nev
    Last edited by NiftyNev; 5 January 2007, 15:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Latiric
      How you doing?

I have a 2.4 TD Hilux which is a great starter, however I jumped into it the other day and the batteries were just about flat. It turned over and just started, next morning no juice left in the battery at all and I noticed that the dinging noice to tell you that you have left the lights on started when the drivers door was open and the key was in the ignition. I checked all the lights and switches but nothing was left on. I jumped it and ran for a hour after which it I got a bit of juice back and it started OK. Left it overnight and the same thing again.

It looks as though something is on which is draining the battery and providing the noise at the ignition but I can't for the life of me find out what it is. Anybody had a similar issue or got any ideas about how to find out what it is?

Cheers for any help in advance.

Hello mate. If the key was in the ignition with the engine switch off and drivers door open, the bell will sound, its to tell you that you have left the keys in. It sounds like you just need a new battery and the old one is not holding its charge.
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Cheers!

Thanks for your help Nifty Nev and Charvell, I will check the batteries and see if they are holding charge. Up until the other day there was no signs of any issue with batteries and it has been fairly sudden i.e. over night.

Cheers again for your help!

Latiric

Comment

another thing you could check is the belts at the right tension.mine were a bit slack and the surf was slow turning over first thing in the mornings so i tightened them up a bit and it seems to turn over no problem now
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Latiric
            Up until the other day there was no signs of any issue with batteries and it has been fairly sudden i.e. over night.
            Batteries can fail without much warning sometimes. Cold weather will sort out the dodgy ones quickly.

Nev

Comment

Working...
            X